Vinny. Did U see this one?

Thanks for posting MIke. Ive seen the truck on TruckPaper but I didnt know it was on Ebay. I bet that cabs a little toasty. If the current bid is $500 bucks, I WANT IT!!! but I bet shes gonna have a fate of taking a boat ride. I know its not a 81', look at the front hubs, and the oil bath air cleaner. Id say shes prolly a 1973.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

It always amazes my how sellers don't bother moving their truck/cars to an open area to take good pictures. How the heck are we supposed to know if that's a flatbed or what the heck is on the back of the truck? What you see thru the view finder is what you are taking a picture of. Any seller that doesn't want to take the time to give some real description of their item or doesn't want to bother taking good pictures, probably isn't someone you would want to bother buying from.

Description: "Truck - buy it"

Even worse is those buyers who take pictures at night time. It's like they woke up at 3am saying "Oh crap, I have to sell RIGHT NOW"

Maybe because I do this for a living and I take every car to the park or a wooded area behind my shop to get some good professional pictures so people can see what it is. I also spend the time on each vehicle to make sure its fully described to the best of my ability. If I were the buyer, what would I want to know and see? this is what I want the people to know who might be buying from me. Here is a link to a Kodiak we had for sale a few years ago. You can clearly see everything.

OK, I am done with my rant.

• Like 2

I emailed the seller for some more pictures. I didn't realize this was a rollback flatbed. That was one of the things I was in a serious market for to put into daily use. I'll post pictures when the seller sends them to me. I have a feeling he/they don't have much ebay experiance. He gave me a little more info: "The truck is a single axle and it is a Mack Motor and has a 5 spd manual transmission. It has a roll back bed."

I emailed the seller for some more pictures. I didn't realize this was a rollback flatbed. That was one of the things I was in a serious market for to put into daily use. I'll post pictures when the seller sends them to me. I have a feeling he/they don't have much ebay experiance. He gave me a little more info: "The truck is a single axle and it is a Mack Motor and has a 5 spd manual transmission. It has a roll back bed."

Sweet!!!! Please post, or email them to me, vincentms00@yahoo.com

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Looks like somebody slapped a ramp truck bed onto a road tractor without stretching the frame appropriately, looking at the side shot the center of the bed is AFT of the rear axle centerline, this truck will not have enough steer axle weight anytime you load the bed. Maybe it's a photo illusion but I don't think so. Just my $0.02, take it for what they're worth ;)

Looks like somebody slapped a ramp truck bed onto a road tractor without stretching the frame appropriately, looking at the side shot the center of the bed is AFT of the rear axle centerline, this truck will not have enough steer axle weight anytime you load the bed. Maybe it's a photo illusion but I don't think so. Just my $0.02, take it for what they're worth ;)

Not a good setup at all. You are correct about the steer axle weight. Stopping this type affair on wet pavement gets interesting.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.