Titan donated (part of one)

Group Trucks Americas launches new “GTA News Minute” featuring the Grand Opening of the Mack Truck Stop at SteelStacks

Group Trucks Americas is pleased to announce the launch of its new video series “GTA News Minute”.

Group Trucks Americas is pleased to announce the launch of its new video series “GTA News Minute”. The inaugural news segment features the Grand Opening of the Mack Truck Stop at SteelStacks in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. To watch, please visit the GTA News Minute YouTube Channel.

More than 750,000 visitors attend events at the Levitt Pavilion at SteelStacks each year. As of this June, their food and drinks at the outdoor events center will be served from a concession stand being “towed” by a full-size Mack Titan cab.

“We came up with the design to cover the front of the concession stand with a high resolution graphic that looks exactly like a trailer being towed,” says Chris Criswell, Mack Trucks Quality Engineer and Project Manager of the Truck Stop Modification Team.

Along with ArtsQuest, a non-profit which manages the Levitt Pavilion, Mack partnered with the Lehigh Career & Technical Institute (LCTI) to make the Truck Stop a reality. The Volvo Group’s Dex used parts warehouse and recycling operation donated the Titan cab, and more than 40 students from four programs at LCTI spent months designing parts, sanding, and painting it in preparation for its installation at the pavilion.

“I feel a lot of pride,” commented Derek Stringer, a student who worked on the truck. “My grandfather used to work at the SteelStacks, and now I have something at the Steel Stacks.”

Kevin Flaherty, president of Mack Trucks Sales & Marketing North America, sees the Truck Stop as a symbol of Mack’s longtime heritage in the Lehigh Valley and its role – alongside Bethlehem Steel – in building America. He also expressed his pleasure at the opportunity to partner with LCTI and help the students build their experience in the areas of truck service, repair, and body work. “If they stay the course, they can really pick what they want in various parts of the country and have a guaranteed job,” says Flaherty.

• Like 1

Thats cool!!! But the sad thing is, is all I heard, was volvo, volvo, volvo. Doesnt deserve to be capatalized.

OKAYYYY, Most of what I heard was Mack, Mack with only a few references to the parent company Volvo.

That aside, Home run! for preserving such an important segment of American Manufacturing History.

• Like 1

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

OKAYYYY, Most of what I heard was Mack, Mack with only a few references to the parent company Volvo.

That aside, Home run! for preserving such an important segment of American Manufacturing History.

Well ya, I did hear quite a bit of Mack, but this guy from volvo, it said the truck was donated from the volvo group.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Well ya, I did hear quite a bit of Mack, but this guy from volvo, it said the truck was donated from the volvo group.

Like Dodge being part of the FIAT Group.......Still a MACK on it.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thats cool!!! But the sad thing is, is all I heard, was volvo, volvo, volvo. Doesnt deserve to be capatalized.

For the record Mack was mentioned 10 times plus the word Titan, Volvo was mentioned 2 times. The dominate message here is, it's a Mack. At least it has a bulldog on its hood and Mack on its grill!