engine hissing

i notice a hissing in the engine, it turned out the head is loosing compression which i can easly feel it coming out between the 2 heads, no leaks, no mixing coolant or oil, not loosing any coolant, i keep an eye on it seems to be ok. been like this for 2.5 months just wondering how long i can drive the truck for, its e-7 mack heads are done 5 years ago by dealer, i only drive in city its a dump truck and very easy work truck dont pull nothing behind and dont work hard.

i notice a hissing in the engine, it turned out the head is loosing compression which i can easly feel it coming out between the 2 heads, no leaks, no mixing coolant or oil, not loosing any coolant, i keep an eye on it seems to be ok. been like this for 2.5 months just wondering how long i can drive the truck for, its e-7 mack heads are done 5 years ago by dealer, i only drive in city its a dump truck and very easy work truck dont pull nothing behind and dont work hard.
You have a head gasket blown most likely. After running the engine in that condition, you may have other problems of an expensive nature brewing. I've seen engines run with this same problem that have burned a channel into the heads and top of the block surface from the flame front escaping. This has resulted in a complete engine replacement rather than just head gaskets. You have a known problem that needs repaired with no other real options.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

i been driving it since april 10 2012, truck dont work hard just city work, how bad can it be? is it too late to fix?

April 10th was my birthday, so I have been the one helping you hold it together this long?

Fix it now, fix it now, fix it now!

I try and stay on top of the small items like yours that I can fix or afford to have someone else fix, because the truck is not making you any money with no motor in it, which is what you will have if you burn a wormhole groove in your head and block.

• Like 1

April 10th was my birthday, so I have been the one helping you hold it together this long?

Fix it now, fix it now, fix it now!

I try and stay on top of the small items like yours that I can fix or afford to have someone else fix, because the truck is not making you any money with no motor in it, which is what you will have if you burn a wormhole groove in your head and block.

eh...just weld 'er up, grind 'er smooth, and bolt 'er back together. :tease:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

A hissing noise like air or steam can be heard coming from the engine, then may be your engine is over heating [ for which you need to check out the cooling system ], exhaust system of your vehicle might be plugged or may be your vacuum line is leaking or disconnected try out your hand at few of this basic things, but the best thing is to go to an technician and get it sorted out rather than trying our selves to get through it and in turn aggravating a small problem.