bill07960

Fact check me here; I will relate my memory. I'm interested in additional information and talking with others with info or similar interests.

I grew up in Bethlehem PA. Dad was employed by Frank Casilio and Sons Inc, from 1946-74, a family owned redi-mix operation.

Around 1968, FC&S purchased a new chassis at the NY Truck Show. I believe this was DM685-10001. Mack was nice enough to re-create Frank Sr's singnature in gold and encapsulated it in the horn button. Chassis was equiped with a 13.0 yard Challenge mixer.

Dad was the senior driver at this time and it became his truck. I was 11 at the time so memory may not be perfect. There is a picture somewhere of my dad climbing in the cab when the truck was new. FC&S changed their livery from dark green and grey to orange and white beginning with this truck, although they may have repainted some other Macks. Earlier equiptment included Internationals and even a Ford.

If I find the picture, I will post it. Both parents are gone now, so no further info from them.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Fact check me here; I will relate my memory. I'm interested in additional information and talking with others with info or similar interests.

I grew up in Bethlehem PA. Dad was employed by Frank Casilio and Sons Inc, from 1946-74, a family owned redi-mix operation.

Around 1968, FC&S purchased a new chassis at the NY Truck Show. I believe this was DM685-10001. Mack was nice enough to re-create Frank Sr's singnature in gold and encapsulated it in the horn button. Chassis was equiped with a 13.0 yard Challenge mixer.

Dad was the senior driver at this time and it became his truck. I was 11 at the time so memory may not be perfect. There is a picture somewhere of my dad climbing in the cab when the truck was new. FC&S changed their livery from dark green and grey to orange and white beginning with this truck, although they may have repainted some other Macks. Earlier equiptment included Internationals and even a Ford.

If I find the picture, I will post it. Both parents are gone now, so no further info from them.

Thanks.

Greetings!

Great story - dig harder for that photo!

• 11 years later...