broke down in Mt Airy N.C. 3/22/12

Sorry to hear of another $8k hit in the wallet but the satisfaction and piece of mind you received from the dealer is priceless. You were fortunate to find a dealer that has a genuine concern for it's service customers and employs at least one (if not more) true professional mechanic to boot. This could have easily turned into an even worse nightmare on the road, too bad the crew at your local dealer are a bunch of clowns.

Couldn't have asked for a better place to break down, no wrecker bill either. Ended up with two new heads and all the valve train, pulled the pan to check the cam and lifter, they are like new, had new rods and mains rolled in while the pan was off. The cylinders still have the cross hatch and the sleeve to block seal looks great, she never has used a drop of oil. Should be good for a while I hope. I have been to Vero Beach and uloaded the tractor, went up to Ocala and loaded two farm tractors, one excavator,a box blade,a wagon of some type, a riding mower and a few other odds and ends. 4 hours to load and get it all tied down. It's all kinda locked together. The hill I lost the valve train on going down,Mt. Airy, I went up today with that load, 17th and 45mph all the way, never touched 1200 rpm, stayed above.

I guess I missed slpwlkr on the road,probably crossed pathes somewhere. I've been running hard to get this trip over and start a new.

Back at the Greensboro N.C. Pilot again.

• Like 2

Couldn't have asked for a better place to break down, no wrecker bill either. Ended up with two new heads and all the valve train, pulled the pan to check the cam and lifter, they are like new, had new rods and mains rolled in while the pan was off. The cylinders still have the cross hatch and the sleeve to block seal looks great, she never has used a drop of oil. Should be good for a while I hope. I have been to Vero Beach and uloaded the tractor, went up to Ocala and loaded two farm tractors, one excavator,a box blade,a wagon of some type, a riding mower and a few other odds and ends. 4 hours to load and get it all tied down. It's all kinda locked together. The hill I lost the valve train on going down,Mt. Airy, I went up today with that load, 17th and 45mph all the way, never touched 1200 rpm, stayed above.

I guess I missed slpwlkr on the road,probably crossed pathes somewhere. I've been running hard to get this trip over and start a new.

Back at the Greensboro N.C. Pilot again.

Glad everything worked out after the fiasco. Sitting here in Brandon,Ms myself. Looked at my La permit and it didn't start till today and no sunday travel in Ms oh well.

Glad to hear your back on the road and got good service. $16k is a helluva dent in the wallet , I dont even spend that on a whole running truck . hahaha. Dont rush back to Maine , about 35 degrees this moring , hope it starts to warm up soon. doug

Glad everything worked out after the fiasco. Sitting here in Brandon,Ms myself. Looked at my La permit and it didn't start till today and no sunday travel in Ms oh well.

I'm in NY, Ct. in the am for the drop. I stayed at I 10 and 301 that would have been Friday night. Wanted to take a left and go to New Orleans, my second home.

Glad to hear your back on the road and got good service. $16k is a helluva dent in the wallet , I dont even spend that on a whole running truck . hahaha. Dont rush back to Maine , about 35 degrees this moring , hope it starts to warm up soon. doug
Got to be home Monday night, boys got a baseball game Tuesday eve. I heard Pa. got 18" of snow when I was gone, no sign coming through. Maine got a little?

I'm in NY, Ct. in the am for the drop. I stayed at I 10 and 301 that would have been Friday night. Wanted to take a left and go to New Orleans, my second home.

Ew I think you should of went down to the 329 or there is a small little shit hole I think at the budweiser exit that has an applebees next to it. I like regular restaurants vs eating the same crap from the Ta. But that place in Baldwin it bad

Ew I think you should of went down to the 329 or there is a small little shit hole I think at the budweiser exit that has an applebees next to it. I like regular restaurants vs eating the same crap from the Ta. But that place in Baldwin it bad

Hauling oversized you find those places, you wouldn't think so but I always found them. Truck stops aren't built for large or long. I like the old mom and pop hole in the walls. We are losing them fast. Two of my favorites are gone in the past few months.