Who wants a new Freightliner?

ThaddeusW

Looks like a bastardized version of a 1950 Chevy C.O.E's retarded cousin!..........................................Mark

Who would have ever thought a 50 Chevy was the wave of the future, well maybe in 49, that is so close it's incredible. If you don't learn from history your bound to repeat it. Can't wait till the 58 comes out.

All those designers and engineers don't look like they've ever driven anything bigger than their Volvo xc90 to drop the kids off at soccer practice but they can design a class 8 truck. lol anyways my opinion is there are some nice concepts considering the streamlining of led lights and locations like the clearance and marker lights in the windshield, Not that is very practical but still neat. What I'd rather not see is the non-americans assembling the windshield and buffing the paint. Thats just a small reminder, where, if this truck were in production, it would be made at. Not in the cleveland,nc plant but way further south. Goes to show where other competitors are and have been focusing investment. Innovation and research and development are great, but so is reinvestment into the market where you sell the majority of your trucks and building those in the major market. Corperate responsiblity. My point is look at Mack/Volvo and the responsibility they have have been doing by manufacturing,assemblying, and selling in the major market. They get the idea. Not to change the subject of the concept Freightliner but it should be a selling point to customers. Now back to the concept. I see theyre still using s-cam foundation brakes. Why not disc brakes? Lighter weight better stopping distance to conform with the newer regs. Here what this truck reminders me off. History has a way of creeping into the future.. Taken from hanks truck pictures credit to Mat Shelton..freightliner-002.jpg

:SMOKIE-RT: I seen that thing a MATS in Louisville a few weeks ago. I got one of the toy trucks of it they were giving away. It's kinda funny looking, looks like a GMC Cannonball from the 50's. I think I'll pass on it.

Looks like a bastardized version of a 1950 Chevy C.O.E's retarded cousin!..........................................Mark

Funny thats the first thought that entered my mind. Than thought when I saw the video I thought Barris and Roth went nuts. Wave of the future i guess. Asians and Women designing it, South Americans building it and Americans that can't afford to buy it.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Funny thats the first thought that entered my mind. Than thought when I saw the video I thought Barris and Roth went nuts. Wave of the future i guess.

All things old are new again? i think is how it goes.......................Mark
  • Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.