Flying lawn mower & other Saturday nonsense around here

Olivetroad

Boy number three got permission from the blushing bride to start mowing the yard this year and it happened I was standing at the auto auction Friday when one of these drove down the lane. I loaded it up at their dock onto a flatbed truck and hauled it home - now how to unload it?

post-6658-0-19380000-1333310594_thumb.jp

We put the extensions on the shop forklift and #1 son backed it onto the forks while I drove out from under it

I let him stay up there a while, until he said "pretty please can I come down?"

post-6658-0-06716900-1333311275_thumb.jp

Boy number three took right off with it and mowed the yard. You always have to blow the grass into the chicken pen so they have a treat.

post-6658-0-67440000-1333310891_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-74932100-1333311154_thumb.jp

I raced boy number two on his john deere mower back to the shop - the John Deere wins

post-6658-0-88992400-1333311073_thumb.jp

Then they all took turns on the gas line reel trailer "Merry-go-round".

post-6658-0-79983500-1333311677_thumb.jp

While I started cutting up this fine 1987 Shaggin' wagon I drug home from the auction - nice paint scheme.

post-6658-0-02653100-1333311003_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Its sunday, I could grab that 4th chicken from the right and wrang his neck for a right tasty dinner,,,randyp

What do you think we do? The only yard bird I like is the one coming out of the cast iron skillet.

It's like I always say at work-"OSHA Smosha!"

What mower? What forklift? I don't understand what you are talking about. I resemble that statement.

As a 21 year veteran (and survivor) of marriage, I fully understand your situation. The excitement tolerance is even lower with girls. I mean c'mon, I'm just trying to make men out of them. Sheesh,

Jim

It's like I always say at work-"OSHA Smosha!"

As a 21 year veteran (and survivor) of marriage, I fully understand your situation. The excitement tolerance is even lower with girls. I mean c'mon, I'm just trying to make men out of them. Sheesh,

I don't know...the wimmons get exited on this...

post-3242-0-46333600-1333408629_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I hope that operator is gettin' an extra 50 cents an hour hazard pay.

The fueler don't like it for some reason??? I thinks hes afraid of bricks or mortor.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Is anyone here familiar with the old "Hammerhead" Crane at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard? It was used to lift and lower turrets onto battleships that were built in Philly.....At one time it was suppsedly the largest-capacity crane in the world, able to lift several hundreds of thousands of pounds or something like that. I was a Civilian Navy Firefighter at the PNSY before it closed completely back in 96-98, and was there while they tore down the old hammerhead crane. They actually lifted a Bobcat with a pecker up into the ass end of the crane (like 200' high) in order to break up the concrete counter-weight......I wish I had taken pictures.

EDIT: 350 ton capacity...... Here is a link to a Library of Congress Page on the hammerhead crane, click on the links on the left of the page for pictures and technical data.

http://www.loc.gov/p...es/item/pa3398/

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

That's a nice detailed collection of pictures for those of us that have never been able to get close to one. I once climbed up to an overhead crane that was atop a 34 story building I was working on when in construction. I couldn't operate it, just sat at the controls. You almost feel as if your suspended in mid-air. The solitude is nice, but you know when there's a breeze.

They actually lifted a Bobcat with a pecker up into the ass end of the crane (like 200' high) in order to break up the concrete counter-weight......I wish I had taken pictures.

http://www.loc.gov/p...es/item/pa3398/

I'm glad I know what a Bobcat witth a pecker is and that ass means rear section

Jim

Impressive!! As for the bobcat with a pecker,just read it as what it's called....only momma thought those thoughts. hedge trimming by Tim The Toolman...

post-3242-0-14646700-1333493365.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE

WOW! Can't say more! Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE