Well today the weather cleared up a little bit so I got to do some work on my sidewinder. My papa took the bumper off, and only one bolt broke. Then I finally got to prime my frame!!! All by myself i primed the frame, fuel tanks, tank straps, that bar that holds the fuel tanks on, and welds that are on the fifth wheel. I only used one can of primer. We also decided that we are goona have black Mack bubble mirrors, and I got papa to make a strait stack. We are just goona cut the bend off the stack and put a flapper on. I wanted to put a strait stack cause its a classic on sidewinders, and im pretty sure mine came from the factory with one. Im goona post more pics. :twothumbsup:

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

You must be very excited about making some progress. I like the idea of cutting the bend off the stack and using a flapper.

Thanks, and i was very excited, also I just painted my self a handy dandy bulldog gold to put on the hood. I painted it gold cause my motor is a Maxidyne. The old bulldog was a newer one with short ears and tail. I put an old one on. I also added my own touch, I painted the eyes red. Now all I have to do is spray some clear coat on it after supper.

Bout damned time we're seeing some progress on that lopsided heap. I swear it looks like the "Elmer's glue" slipped when they put those things together. Shit, I thought you was gettin lazy on us but now I may need to reconsider...... Looks like a good start to a nice, (albiet off center) project.

Incidently, I was mowing at high speed this afternoon and almost ran into one of those hoods in my weed pile. Had it been centered there would have been plenty of clearance.........

Uncle Rob

• Like 2

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Bout damned time we're seeing some progress on that lopsided heap. I swear it looks like the "Elmer's glue" slipped when they put those things together. Shit, I thought you was gettin lazy on us but now I may need to reconsider...... Looks like a good start to a nice, (albiet off center) project.

Incidently, I was mowing at high speed this afternoon and almost ran into one of those hoods in my weed pile. Had it been centered there would have been plenty of clearance.........

Uncle Rob

Hey uncle Rob, can you post a picture of that U model hood for me, or any other lopsided Mack stuff I woul find interesting? Thanks for the, um kinda compliments. :twothumbsup:

Hey uncle Rob, can you post a picture of that U model hood for me, or any other lopsided Mack stuff I woul find interesting? Thanks for the, um kinda compliments. :twothumbsup:

I'll dig it out of the weeds tomorrow with the skid steer. I've not mowed that area for about six years or so, (actually forgot that hood was there) and would like to bush hog it down. Don't have any other lopsided stuff as that truck was so rotten I was afraid to try to crawl up into the cab for thinking it would roll over and crush me.

Uncle Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Take a toothpick and some white, or black paint and put a dot in the center of his eyes; just don't jab too hard cause you might just piss him off and you really don't want that to happen.

Uncle Rob

• Like 1

I'll dig it out of the weeds tomorrow with the skid steer. I've not mowed that area for about six years or so, (actually forgot that hood was there) and would like to bush hog it down. Don't have any other lopsided stuff as that truck was so rotten I was afraid to try to crawl up into the cab for thinking it would roll over and crush me.

Uncle Rob

Dang, you never told me you had a U model!!! What year was it? What color was it? What was the serial number?!!!!!!! Any pictures of that old sidewinder!?! I have sidewinder fever again!!!!

All right Vinny! You did an excellent job. That's better than show room.

Take a toothpick and some white, or black paint and put a dot in the center of his eyes; just don't jab too hard cause you might just piss him off and you really don't want that to happen.

Uncle Rob

Thanks Tim!!! I'll try that tomarrow Uncle Rob.

Dang, you never told me you had a U model!!! What year was it? What color was it? What was the serial number?!!!!!!! Any pictures of that old sidewinder!?! I have sidewinder fever again!!!!

Now you are not gonna believe this but it was a single axle dump truck that was rolled over onto it's left side, (imagine that)! It was so rotten wasn't worth repairing but had an excellent ENDT-676 engine that went into one of my B models. I kept the hood as it was an easy repair thinking I'd use it along the way but never did so it sits here about 11 years now........ It was a 79 model year and the back 1/2 of the frame and drive axle went into another truck, (not mine) and I don't know what happened to it. I'll check the remnants of the frame out back for a serial number as I never had a title.

Uncle Rob

• Like 1

Now you are not gonna believe this but it was a single axle dump truck that was rolled over onto it's left side, (imagine that)! It was so rotten wasn't worth repairing but had an excellent ENDT-676 engine that went into one of my B models. I kept the hood as it was an easy repair thinking I'd use it along the way but never did so it sits here about 11 years now........ It was a 79 model year and the back 1/2 of the frame and drive axle went into another truck, (not mine) and I don't know what happened to it. I'll check the remnants of the frame out back for a serial number as I never had a title.

Uncle Rob

ohhhhhhhhhhhh, that truck sound awesome!!! Thanks for the info uncle Rob!!! If you can it would be cool if you could get the serial number. Thanks!!! Thants weird it rolled over. Are you pulling my leg?

Your Nephew Vinny

ohhhhhhhhhhhh, that truck sound awesome!!! Thanks for the info uncle Rob!!! If you can it would be cool if you could get the serial number. Thanks!!! Thants weird it rolled over. Are you pulling my leg?

Your Nephew Vinny

No I'm serious. Driver lost his arm over that one as it was hanging out of the window.

Uncle Rob