Good deals on generators, (small):

Rob

I have a friend that is an outside sales person for a major electical supply outfit. They purchased a special from "Generac" of 5500 watt recoil start, gasoline generators. These have both 110, and 220VAC output, and are brand new in the box carrying full manufacturers warranty. They have never been ran and were built late last year.

These are available to me at the price of $650.00 each plus freight. You won't beat that price as it is just about their cost. They need to get rid of them as they purchased 1500 and the winter demand is now over.

PM me if you are interested. I have ordered three myself. They are currently in Indianapolis, IN, and ready to ship.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hmmmm, I want one of those quiet models(inverter style). Got a nice Yanmar 3700 watt diesel I want to trade off.

Got a new Northern Tool catalog the other day, got a new brand inverter type, priced reasonable(compared to Hondas). Been dreaming, but just haven't taken the plunge yet.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Count me in Rob - I sent you a PM

That is a good price on those. I buy and sell a lot of used ones and that has always been a popular brand.

These are quite small in comparison to what I normally work with but a nice size to be portable. With a 100' extension cord these are about as load as a lawnmower at a distance.

This salesman is a friend and customer of the shop for many years and he called for authorization to sell at that price as a favor knowing I work on standby gensets. He will make nothing on the sale and neither will I, but they need to get them moved as to avoid any future warranty issues.

I'm not sure if they would ship UPS, FedEx, or have to go freight I could prolly get them to Peoria and my shop without freight but don't know that for certain; will check. These are however small enough to move and with the wheels, and fold down handle already installed, they are quite easy to roll. I'd like to give him an answer and an amount on Monday so need to move on this quite quickly.

Let me know.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have wanted a couple of new ones I can plan on to work, one to keep in the shop to run lights when the power goes out, and the other to mount on a trailer to use for the little sporting clays trail my sons are building!

I have wanted a couple of new ones I can plan on to work, one to keep in the shop to run lights when the power goes out, and the other to mount on a trailer to use for the little sporting clays trail my sons are building!

On the small sets I always shut the fuel off and let them starve out. Fouled gas is the worst enemy of the small engines since they done away with contact points many years ago.

Rob

I put Sta-Bil in my lawnmower,tiller,and the gas can in the fall. The mower had sat unused since last fall and it started on the first pull yesterday.

That is a good product for items left in extended storage of say three months. I use it in my stuff also but still starve out the carburators on small engines. I've seen gasoline stabilized over a six month period and an engine won't start on the fuel, but will run with reduced power till fresh gasoline is supplied.

Sta-bil actually forms a sealing film or layer over the top of the fuel temporarily prohibiting, or slowing down the evaporation of the lighter aromatic hydrocarbons that make up gasoline. Once these lighter components float off, gasoline becomes "stale" as it's called.

See, some more garbage on Sunday morning you didn't need to know.

Rob

I put Sta-Bil in my lawnmower,tiller,and the gas can in the fall. The mower had sat unused since last fall and it started on the first pull yesterday.

I thought you might put stabil in, then store it for a while, then just pour it out - kind of like the paint brushes around your place?