Awhile back there was a post about E9 powered Cruiseliners,I looked back a ways,couldn't find it.Anyway,I mentioned that the pre E9 V8,ET1000 Maxidyne V8 was introduced in '79 or so and the Cruiseliners they were in had a different grille.Finally found a pic of one I had saved,think this one was one Ebay maybe,several years ago.post-61-0-58059700-1333183097.jpg

That truck was just accross the VA border (in Otherdog"s backyard). Don't know what ever happened to it.

There were 3 V8 Superliners sitting in Roanoke for a long time, looked a lot like this one. I heard that a man had them on a beer haul, then lost the haul so he sold the trucks. But they sat for probably 10 years or more with "for sale" signs in the windshields. I used to pass by them all the time going to the concrete pipe place, way off the beaten path in Roanoke. They were over across the tracks from Roanoke Electric Steel. Last time I looked on street view only one was still parked there.

Here's the street view pics. I put the street address in the second one.

I'd bet that's one of those 3 trucks, paint looks similar. All 3 were painted the same, had V8's with 10 speeds in them.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.