B Model Parts Truck in PA

JumperAndSon

Hey,

In order to facilitate the completion of our B60, we're going to need a parts truck. We're looking for a B Model thats rusty, but complete, so we can get things like the grille shell, trim, windshield, and other little things. We could just buy the parts at the wonderful Watts Mack, but we're on a budget, and its nice to be able to see how things fit together, and take the stuff at our leisure. We're located in Delmont PA, about 40 miles East of Pittsburgh. Anybody with a good truck or knows where there is one can post on this thread, or email me at peachezz131@gmail.com .

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Theres a guy in canonburg or cecil that bought up a couple trucks from Morgantown then scrapped the rears off. I guess he kept from behind the cabs forward. His name is joe and I actually bought my b61 off him but just watch him he seems like the a guy who would pull a fast one over on someone. Im not saying he did to me at all but I had my guard up when dealing with him. Kinda of a wheeler-dealer type. Anyways if you look on CL PGH you prob find his number.

Theres a guy in canonburg or cecil that bought up a couple trucks from Morgantown then scrapped the rears off. I guess he kept from behind the cabs forward. His name is joe and I actually bought my b61 off him but just watch him he seems like the a guy who would pull a fast one over on someone. Im not saying he did to me at all but I had my guard up when dealing with him. Kinda of a wheeler-dealer type. Anyways if you look on CL PGH you prob find his number.

We actually talked to him before. We haven't had time to go out and look at his trucks yet. Do you think they are any good?

Ben

Ben, I have the old painted shell off my truck, might have the old windshields too( I put new glass/rubber in mine a few years ago). I have some boxes of stuff that came with the truck, if you post a list I might be able to help you out. I'm not too far away(Canton, Ohio).

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Ben, I have the old painted shell off my truck, might have the old windshields too( I put new glass/rubber in mine a few years ago). I have some boxes of stuff that came with the truck, if you post a list I might be able to help you out. I'm not too far away(Canton, Ohio).

Okay, I'm going to the shop tomarrow, I'll make a list and post it then.

Ben

I would just get new glass, any good glass shop can cut the glass as it is all flat, I am like you on a budget and all the glass for the doors,windshield, vent and back cab glass will cost what the windshield gasket will.

I am holding off until the last minute on the windshield gasket becasue of the price, you never know what you might find.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Ben, I agree with Thomas above, you should get new glass cut. It will be well worth it. I have several parts trucks, but I am on the other side of the state near Reading, PA. The bumper isn't any good and the motor is bad, but the fenders, grill guard and radiator shell are good. It has fixed shutters. The back of the cab has had some repairs. The bed is pretty rusty. We were asking for $1200 for the truck because it has a good scissors dump hoist on it. I would sell it for less without the doors and the hoist.

Mike 610 764 8283

post-7810-0-31783200-1332948521_thumb.jp

We actually talked to him before. We haven't had time to go out and look at his trucks yet. Do you think they are any good?

Ben

They look pretty good. They were decnt looking trucks before he cut them up. I also have some parts left over post your list and I'll see what I have. I know I have a chrome rad shell that someone painted, its a little rusty tho. I did my new glass for the entire truck for around 200 bucks I think. I'll have to look for the slip. I went to Advanced Auto Glass and they did the whole job in about and hour.

Well, guess what,

My dad just called me to tell me that the guy who started restoring the B60 and gave up (that's how it got into the scrapyard where we bought it) still has everything he took off of it. We're going to get the stuff sometime soon (very soon, I hope) but I'll make a list of what we still need after that. If we get all the stuff we need soon, we might just be able to finish it for Macungie.

Ben