New Saskatchewan Member

Glensts

Finally logged in after lurking for a while, enjoy reading everything.

I used to have R Model Macks and now have a 95 and 2 - 97 CH 613s.

Always wanted to own a fixed up B Model tandem but hard to find in my area that doesn't need everything done to it.

So I'm still looking.

Glen

graintrailers070.jpg

Edited by Glensts

Finally logged in after lurking for a while, enjoy reading everything.

I used to have R Model Macks and now have a 95 and 2 - 97 CH 613s.

Always wanted to own a fixed up B Model tandem but hard to find in my area that don't need everything done to it.

So I'm still looking.

Glen

Hi Glen and welcome to the site. Tell me, given your application did you prefer the R model, or the CH model? Which truck is more serviceable, and which gave better service long term? A lot of folks prefer The R model and I've never asked.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The CH's run nice and smooth, bigger cab which is good for me. The R Models were almost indestructible. Great starter trucks that would run forever. All the ones I had are still running today with the oldest being a 79 and the newest was an 87. The CH's are nice on the highway and our farm but the R's were a good truck in their day.

The CH's run nice and smooth, bigger cab which is good for me. The R Models were almost indestructible. Great starter trucks that would run forever. All the ones I had are still running today with the oldest being a 79 and the newest was an 87. The CH's are nice on the highway and our farm but the R's were a good truck in their day.

That's what I was wondering. I've had a few CH series in the shop and the plastic is busted up pretty good in the cabs. The R models suffered also in abusive work but it was usually rust that put them down. I've driven a few CH's and they are and excellent hi way platform for certain. I am partial to the long hood R model Westerns personally and have a couple with the newest being a 1978. Most are being rebuilt, (slowly) but making progress.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Still got some snow on the ground but it won't last long in April, I'm legal to 140,000 lbs and we only haul our own grain. Haven't custom hauled for years now. My 97s have 427hp and 46000 rears with an 18spd. Gold bulldog so she's all Mack.

My 95 has the 350 with a 9 speed Eaton and 40,000 Eaton rear diff's. It has the smaller steering wheel and for some reason I like driving it the most.