Looking for a couple of part numebrs, maybe someone can help...

I am putting a new (DM, R Style) battery box on my truck...currrently there is a homemade box that is part of the air tank mount...

What I am looking for are the airtank brackets that bolt to the frame and support the air tank...they look like angle iron with one leg cut down.

Also, looking for numbers for the spacers for the battery box that spaces it off of the frame to make room for the above mentioned brackets. If I still had my lathe, I could make them in about ten minutes, but I do not..

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The saga continues...along with the number Bob gave (24 QE 1111), and one I found (same part) 24QE2429, Mack says both are superceeded by part number 2510-877, but they cannot even give a price because the dont make them anymore...so I am still stuck!

I have searched the internet for some U channel or unequal leg angle....cant find ANYTHING!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! This stuff shouldnt be this hard! :thumbsdown:

The saga continues...along with the number Bob gave (24 QE 1111), and one I found (same part) 24QE2429, Mack says both are superceeded by part number 2510-877, but they cannot even give a price because the dont make them anymore...so I am still stuck!

I have searched the internet for some U channel or unequal leg angle....cant find ANYTHING!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! This stuff shouldnt be this hard! :thumbsdown:

Why don't you use a 5/32nds slice wheel to cut the angle leg down? You could also have a piece bent at a sheet metal shop, or weld it up and grind it smooth. Spacers? Get some cored stock with the correct external diameter and band, or chop saw to the correct length.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Probably will end up slicing some regualr angle iron...though it doesnt look as good as the Mack ones with the nice radius bend! Spacers I will make...

I've made those angle before; do you have a rosebud tip for a torch? A good vice and heat with a small piece of round stock is pretty easy to form most any radius.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Did you see what you need on anything at my house? I can cut it off for you. Thanks for posting the pictures. The B615 looks great. I love the hard noses.

Mike

You had a few on some of the frames out back (that R NOT being cut up), but anyhow, here is a picture if you run across one...

post-6773-0-55519900-1333415599_thumb.jp

I recently bought a Milwaukee skill type saw designed for cutting metals so I could fabricate a soft sleeve holder http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-6370-21-8-Inch-Cutting-Circular/dp/B0000WUQI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333460819&sr=8-1. It would do a great job of cutting one angle down.

I am really impressed by this tool. It cut a sheet of 12 gauge mild steel like it was going through 1/4" plywood. Or you could weld a new piece to the correct sized flat stock and grind the weld to make it look like it is one piece.

One other option is to write the Mack Museum for a copy of the shop drawing of the part in question. They supplied me with a complete shop drawing of the hose holder and the leather strap assembly for the holder. Send them a part number and they may surprise you.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!