Aluminum Fuel Tanks?

Early this morning I started to remove the filled drum off my 1961 B 61. I started to slice the drum down to the concrete and managed to drop a small piece on the fuel tank. They are both 55 gal aluminum square tanks. Is that factory for a 1961 ? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I cannot give you a definite yes or no but most B models that I have seen with vertical exhaust have a smaller tank on the pass. side than what they have on the driver side the 2 that I have are 55 gal on driver side and 45 gal on pass. side and my B 615 that was org. an horizontal exhaust also has the 55 45 set up if you have the build sheets on this truck from the Mack museum it will tell what fuel tanks it was built with

Being that the Mixer passed through 3 companies before it was parked (with a full barrel no less) At some point the tank was damaged and replaced by an other tank that they had laying around. The fuel filler is on the front instead of the rear on the D.Side. The build sheet will specify aluminum or steel?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'll check the tags, really never thought of that. I was more curious then anything else. Right now I want to get the drum and 9 plus yard of concrete off to move it around easier. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE