B-81SX on ebay - too nice for me

Maxidyne237,I know just what you are talking about.I'm in the early stages of restoring my 1964 B87 that has been in the family since new.My truck I would hop in and drive it across this great country of ours.It runs fine,it's showing it age after 50 plus years of pulling around a lowboy trailer.I don't want to start to think of the dollars that will be spent but I'm doing it cause it was the truck I learned to drive on.I have always loved this truck since I was a child.This truck was our 2rd B87 the first was brought new in 1958.Mike Durkin

So sorry if anyone took offense, but I went back and re-read the ad just to see if I was way off base. Sorry gang but I don't see a restored show quality truck as advertised. It has a nice paint job and interior, but it is obvious the engine has not been done, nor has some of the chrome been re-worked.

Lots of folks who are just getting into the hobby of collecting or restoring trucks use this site as a resource. One of the things that every collector needs to know is that a picture will always be better than the actual vehicle and that if you buy based strictly on a picture you will probably not get what you think you are getting. Not intended to be negative, but trying to be honest with what I thought about the rig.

I hope he gets his asking price for his sake, but I don't see it. As to the comments about the price expectations; My view is they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them, not what the owner thinks they are worth. If you want to know the value put it in a well advertised no reserve auction and you'll find out what its truly worth.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

well said. i looked over the pictures myself. i dont see a every bolt turned restoration. i see a really nice shined up, cleaned up painted RED truck. we all know red sells. it appears to be well taken care of and shined up really nice but nowhere near a 100% show truck. its show quality, not a show truck. i hope he gets what hes askin but im not seein it and dont intend to offend anyone. yes Mack painted over the airlines but that was production. Mack did not paint over all the wiring tho. Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg