Anybody have any pictures of this actual truck?

Rob

I thought I did have a photo of a Quandel Concrete truck that was painted similar. I looked at their website and they were painted somewhat different. I can't think of any others done that way. The link below is of a "Spirit of '76" truck, their later trucks were painted similar to this. I think this is about as close as you can get. The long hood R on the Mack lithograph allows more room for the stripes to be wider on the hood crossing than a DM.

1975 R

http://www.quandelconcrete.com/history.htm

Later DM's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14279496@N03/2185758197

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

maybe it can help

Think that is the first western "Stars & Bars" truck I've ever seen myself.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Those things STINK on a blacktop road during a rainstorm

They are terrible on a CJ series Jeep also. Slick as snot on the doorknob with just a drizzle outside.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Think that is the first western "Stars & Bars" truck I've ever seen myself.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob, do you have the "Stars & Stripes" western R brochure? Was one of the first I got,when I started my collection.I can scan it for ya!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Rob, do you have the "Stars & Stripes" western R brochure? Was one of the first I got,when I started my collection.I can scan it for ya!

Yes please do scan it. I remember a lot of the "Stars & Bars" paint schemes on R600's when new but had never seen a 700, or a Western.

Rob

Yes please do scan it. I remember a lot of the "Stars & Bars" paint schemes on R600's when new but had never seen a 700, or a Western.

Rob

10-4! I will get to it in the morning if thats ok? Uh oh,Rob probably won't get any sleep tonight! It was given it in 1970 or 71 by Bob Celli (Gene's cousin).It's cover is a little worn,but in good shape! :bulldog3:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

10-4! I will get to it in the morning if thats ok? Uh oh,Rob probably won't get any sleep tonight! It was given it in 1970 or 71 by Bob Celli (Gene's cousin).It's cover is a little worn,but in good shape! :bulldog3:

I'm still puttin serious consideration to painting on of mine up like that although it will be a little newer truck than the originals are.

Rob

Matt Pfahl asked me a couple years ago at Macungie,"why hasn't anyone painted a MACK like that,again?" I said "good question"!

Matt Pfahl asked me a couple years ago at Macungie,"why hasn't anyone painted a MACK like that,again?" I said "good question"!

They were distinctive and left no doubt as to who, or what they were.

Rob

You got that right! It would be easy to recreate the stars with todays laser cut vinyl! Either using them as a stencil or just using them by themselves,you know? I think it would look cool.Oh by the way there is a RS785LST parked where the sleeper is! I don't know why I didn't mention it before,DUH??? It must be a '73 or '74.Has the rib down the center of the hood(later right?) Cab is toast but everything else is pretty straight.

You got that right! It would be easy to recreate the stars with todays laser cut vinyl! Either using them as a stencil or just using them by themselves,you know? I think it would look cool.Oh by the way there is a RS785LST parked where the sleeper is! I don't know why I didn't mention it before,DUH??? It must be a '73 or '74.Has the rib down the center of the hood(later right?) Cab is toast but everything else is pretty straight.

Now WHY did you have to go and mention that????? I got no more room to house anything and the 700's need hidden from me. I'm having withdrawl symptoms as I type......

I'll ascertain whether I just have to have it or not when up there Monday. I prefer paint as opposed to vinyl for the older stuff. I may go with vinyl stars over basecoat paint and clear over everything, or have stencils cut of stars and do all in paint.

Rob

Hear ya,sounds like a cool project for sure.Yeah, I know I shouldn't have said anything! I'm bad at letting people that have enough projects,know about stuff they just can't live without!

Hear ya,sounds like a cool project for sure.Yeah, I know I shouldn't have said anything! I'm bad at letting people that have enough projects,know about stuff they just can't live without!

I still have two RS700 series tractors plus the RL797L in NV to come home. "Momma" is certain to ensure I'm crowned king when she finds out. Good thing the kids are already educated and I'm not still funding that.

Rob

post-510-0-96185000-1330806069_thumb.jpgAlso found this picture in my archives.Proof that at least one B model was repainted with this scheme.My cousin bought this B-42 back in '92.It was a once proud local dump truck from West Allis,Wisc.Was in halfway decent shape when he bought it(except the 401 had a hole in the side of the block). He fixed it up nicely.Didn't repaint it the same.Sold it at a Ritchie Bros. auction and got a check for $1434.00 ! He was sick,to say the least!

post-510-0-96185000-1330806069_thumb.jpgAlso found this picture in my archives.Proof that at least one B model was repainted with this scheme.My cousin bought this B-42 back in '92.It was a once proud local dump truck from West Allis,Wisc.Was in halfway decent shape when he bought it(except the 401 had a hole in the side of the block). He fixed it up nicely.Didn't repaint it the same.Sold it at a Ritchie Bros. auction and got a check for $1434.00 ! He was sick,to say the least!

My wife was against doing one up in Stars & Bars till I had shown her a photo of it being a factory applied scheme. She is now on board so at least one in the shed will sport the patriotic scheme.

Rob