Shifter for Spicer 3 speed auxillary

57 bcr

Need a shifter set-up for a Spicer 7231 D auxillary trans.Will gladly buy unless I can interest you in some of my parts & pieces! You can PM me on this site or e-mail me bcrhino57@yahoo.com or call me 815-482-6534 (might have to leave message).Thanks

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

If you do not find shifter you can use a conversion shifter kit that was used to change from column shift to floor mount. Hurst or other make. This topic came up on another site and I suggested the same.someone else did it and worked out. You would have to lengthen rods and it will not be as heavy duty but it will work. I know new ones are avaible from manufacturer but I am not sure of name maybe Spicer or TTT Parts. The name was on ATHS Site but when I sign on there nothing comes up with the recent problems. Joe D.

• Like 1

Thanks for the idea,Joe! I was thinking of that the other day.Had one of those kits in my first truck('67 F-100) bought it from J.C. Whitney. A good quality one such as a Hurst would probably have good solid detents in it,wouldn't it? Yeah the rods would just have to be longer.Have to make all that anyway in the custom applicaion it's going in.Thanks again,for the comeback :twothumbsup:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

If you do not find shifter you can use a conversion shifter kit that was used to change from column shift to floor mount. Hurst or other make. This topic came up on another site and I suggested the same.someone else did it and worked out. You would have to lengthen rods and it will not be as heavy duty but it will work. I know new ones are avaible from manufacturer but I am not sure of name maybe Spicer or TTT Parts. The name was on ATHS Site but when I sign on there nothing comes up with the recent problems. Joe D.

Looked online last night,Joe.J.C. Whitney still has a Mr. Gasket 3-speed conversion kit for $79.00! I think it was called Mr. Shift when I bought one in '77! Anyway, Hurst has one for around $220.00.I think the Hurst would be beefier for what i am using it for.My 1989 IH S-1654-7.3 N,5 spd.direct Spicer,Dana r.a. 4.33 ratio.lots of vibes from that 7.3.No more than usual.Just better go with the stronger set up! I'm tired of the 7.3 SCREAMING @ 60mph!. .86 to 1 top hole in the the 3 spd,should bring the R's down a little anyway!