Making Pierogiesiesiesss

Olivetroad

Okay - This is the o-fic-che-al thread to show my attempt to make those whatchamacallits they eat back east somewheres.

1. Get receipe from clown on BMT - wife says: "are you sure it will be safe coming from them?"

post-6658-0-45573700-1329690346_thumb.jp

Please note glass of sweet tea on counter - just because this is some kind of east coast yankee dish does not mean I won't have my favorite drink within arms reach at all times.

2. Try and talk wifey into making them - wife says: "you are out of luck sport - I am taking a nap".

After much prayer and ponderin' I decide to make them myself - she will be pleased to see me in kitchen!

3. Wait until she is snoring - get cat food Tuna out of cabinet to make pierogies cutter

post-6658-0-90506600-1329690518_thumb.jp

4. Feed to cats - I am not eatin' that (&%$.

post-6658-0-79361400-1329690544_thumb.jp

5. Wash can so as not to contaminate Pittsburg's finest food with fish smell

post-6658-0-18417600-1329690619_thumb.jp

6. Mix up dough stuff in wife's mixer - I like using power tools in the kitchen - rolling pin in background reminds me of past failures of mine to clean up after myself.

post-6658-0-72436900-1329690691_thumb.jp

7. Whip up filling - can't find onions - ask wifey - she yells: "go away - I am sleepin'!"

I dig deeper in fridge. Hey! I found these green onions - I'll use them - sorry if you are a pierogieperfectionist and this is not allowed or sumpin.

post-6658-0-97204600-1329690740_thumb.jp

8. Wifey comes downstairs - Wife says: You and your loud kids woke me up - I am going into town to do some shopping. You can watch the already born kids - I'll take the unborn one with me.

Now I hope you are sitting down while you are reading this - what I am about to say is the honest truth, I AM NOT KIDDING:

Wifey then says magical words that I had to have her repeat to be sure I heard them right:

"Come with me into the bathroom, I want you to check and see what size bra I need to buy."

___________________________INTERMISSION____________________________________

9. Return to food thoughts........... I knead the dough - put in ice box to chill. Now I better go change out of church clothes before I do any cookin

that involves heat - if I burn my best britches, I won't get to do no more bra testin'.

post-6658-0-02757900-1329690717_thumb.jp

More to follow................

• Like 1

Youre doin a fine job there! we'll get some yankee food down there to hooterville before its over! Kielbasa and sauerkrauts up next! maybe a nice hungarian ghoulash? atta boy on the bra fitting as well,sounds like a full day to me!.............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I've eaten pierogies before but don't recall going through all this before opening the box. I guess folks from the "Show Me" state take their motto seriously.

My Wife let me check her bra size once and only once. I didn't know she just wanted me to read the tag. :pat:

Jim

Its getting the season (lent) for some pierogies, haluski, and fish frys! Wash it down with some ice cold Iron or I.C. LIght. This Yankee food is actually HUNKY food. As I am half Mill Hunky we tend to know this thing lol Pittsburgh is spelled with a H on the end!

Hunky - That is a new one on me!

I hav notized on hre dat spellin & grammmmmer be mattr of persal prefrenc

My wife said the same thing - we will be eating these next week during lent.

Okay - now to start it up again, what the heck is a haluski?

You don't have to define what a fish fry is, Bollweevil and I for sure know what they are!

http://pittsburgh.about.com/c/ht/00/10/How_Haluski_Cabbage_Noodles0972520187.htm

Hunky is a derogatory word to describe-Polish,Ukrainian,Slovak,and Lithuanian, which I am, I just so happened that a lot of these nationalities were brought over to work in the mills and coal mines in and around pittsburgh.....If you want good quality pierogies you have to get them from an older lady in a babushka! Thats what my grandma and her friends always had on when they were making them for the annual street festivals.lol

I am of Eastern European Descent. There are 2 kinds of Halushkie. Cabbage and dumplings and potato,dumplings,butter and cheese. There are a lot of names for people from this reion of the world Hunky, roundheader,greenie and others. Babushka's are worn by Stada Baba's( old ladies). Joe D.

I am of Eastern European Descent. There are 2 kinds of Halushkie. Cabbage and dumplings and potato,dumplings,butter and cheese. There are a lot of names for people from this reion of the world Hunky, roundheader,greenie and others. Babushka's are worn by Stada Baba's( old ladies). Joe D.

My family's from Belaus and in the Belarusian language; Babushka is Grandmother and Dadushka is Grandfather. No one has mentioned Head Cheese? This is something I ate for lunch everyday all through my school years. Can you imagine the look of other school kids when they asked; what the hell is that?! I would say, Want some? or try my Kishka?

http://pittsburgh.ab...s0972520187.htm

Hunky is a derogatory word to describe-Polish,Ukrainian,Slovak,and Lithuanian, which I am, I just so happened that a lot of these nationalities were brought over to work in the mills and coal mines in and around pittsburgh.....If you want good quality pierogies you have to get them from an older lady in a babushka! Thats what my grandma and her friends always had on when they were making them for the annual street festivals.lol

Babushka!!! Haven't heard that in years!! My Babcia always had one on as did my wujenkas

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

My family's from Belaus and in the Belarusian language; Babushka is Grandmother and Dadushka is Grandfather. No one has mentioned Head Cheese? This is something I ate for lunch everyday all through my school years. Can you imagine the look of other school kids when they asked; what the hell is that?! I would say, Want some? or try my Kishka?

Anyone ever steal your lunch?

I didn't think so.

http://pittsburgh.ab...s0972520187.htm

Thanks for the definition. Been living in the area 20 years this summer and was never quite sure who the term applied to.

A bit a differnt culture here. There are foods that are staples at buffets and get togethers that I had never heard of and many people have last names with multiple consecutive consonents. Push down on your keyboard with all 10 fingers at the same time and you will come up with a name that can be found in the Pittsburgh phone book.

tvpuiqwen/ -I'm gonna look that one up.

Jim

Push down on your keyboard with all 10 fingers at the same time and you will come up with a name that can be found in the Pittsburgh phone book.

tvpuiqwen/ -I'm gonna look that one up.

I tried it, and I ended up with:

MaikshilohatcityBollweevilDitchkusgreendash

I looked it up and it is defined as: pretty pony dancing under a rainbow

• Like 1

I tried it, and I ended up with:

MaikshilohatcityBollweevilDitchkusgreendash

I looked it up and it is defined as: pretty pony dancing under a rainbow

MODERATOR! MODERATOR!

Personal attack! personal attack!

Not allowed under Section 48® of the BMT forum rules and regs.

BAN HIM!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Tim. M. I was trying to figure what Nationalty your name was. I am usually pretty good with names but yours thru me off. Also answers your trip to Russia. I would love to go to Russia,Lithuania,Ukraine and Poland someday. Joe D.

Joe, I had a great time in Belarus,(I went by myself) My family there is awesome and treated me like royalty. Got to see everyone and the cemetary where my Great Great Grandfather buried. Oh and I want to make this clear to all you gentlemen, slavic women are the most beautiful in the world. Here is a photo of some of my lovely cousins(all girl cousins and I have a lot!) I got off the plane at the airport walked through the doors and this is what was there to greet me.....

Joe, I had a great time in Belarus,(I went by myself) My family there is awesome and treated me like royalty. Got to see everyone and the cemetary where my Great Great Grandfather buried. Oh and I want to make this clear to all you gentlemen, slavic women are the most beautiful in the world. Here is a photo of some of my lovely cousins(all girl cousins and I have a lot!) I got off the plane at the airport walked through the doors and this is what was there to greet me.....

OOPPSS....I got excited

post-426-0-26652400-1329881584_thumb.jpg

Many sisters and twins Basell...twins. They also have 9 letters in their names. Spent alot of time walking around Minsk and everywhere you look there were beautiful women dressed to the nines. Most are pretty pale,but they are slavic after all. My cousins Svetlana and Oxonna with their Dad Vilodia at his home in Moledechno. I gave him a company hat for advertisment.

post-426-0-55766800-1329907644_thumb.jpg