mack hub caps

Look what I found today. They were listed on craigslist. He said that they had been listed there for three months. Wonder how they were still there.

I have four, two were the normal hub caps that I have seen before but I am not sure about these two.

what did they come on and how did the mount? Do they just snap into the center of the wheel on the bud wheels?

Bob

post-28-0-42292300-1328059520_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-95555600-1328059555_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-35865100-1328059572_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobgil

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

yep,those fit B-20 and 30,and the smaller A's and E's.They weren't made for Budd wheels,but they will work for a front aluminum wheel(can't get enough bite to work on steel wheels),but I was always afraid of losing one or getting them stolen.

They fit snugly on my steel wheels. I believe we have the dayton style wheel. You need to pry them off. The B20 uses them on both front and rear axles. Some day i will step up with all you big dogs and get a diesel. Right now i am enjoying my little pup.

Funny story- when i showed my wife the picture before I purchased she asked if she could take it to the grocery store. Being the responsible husband i am I said "absolutely" Always best to beg for forgiveness later- right. When it pulled into the driveway she was a bit surprised, i said honey- it is a Mack truck!!!!

A B20 is a great truck, small enough for what we do now a days, parades and shows. I have one of those hub caps off a fire truck in PA. , Jay

Jay- the truck has been a pleasure to work on, drive around and restore. This will be the first year we take it to a bunch of truck shows. I certainly appreciate bein a part of a great site and appreciate all the information on here.

• Like 1

They fit snugly on my steel wheels. I believe we have the dayton style wheel. You need to pry them off. The B20 uses them on both front and rear axles. Some day i will step up with all you big dogs and get a diesel. Right now i am enjoying my little pup.

Funny story- when i showed my wife the picture before I purchased she asked if she could take it to the grocery store. Being the responsible husband i am I said "absolutely" Always best to beg for forgiveness later- right. When it pulled into the driveway she was a bit surprised, i said honey- it is a Mack truck!!!!

Guess I should have been more clear,they don't fit to snug on a steel budd wheel,as they were made for dayton wheels.