Any body own or have any experience with a C model Mack?

Any body own or have any experience with a C model Mack?

I have one bought it while back but have not gotten too much done on it. I am working on changing the wedge brakes out for S-cam brakes.

Though I might find some one else to talk a few things over with. I know where there is another one about 200 miles from me but the Dad had the truck and he has passed and the son is still running the business and does not know much about it. He is not using it but not talking about letting it go either. It has a newer engine it in but he does not know every thing about that either. The job was not completed when the Dad passed away. Still setting where it was with the front clip still off.

I took picture of it a while back but I have put them all up and not sure where to find them now.

Some might remember when I first got it.

Bob

Edited by bobgil

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

post-28-0-33849700-1327865032.jpg

Very nice truck! Its rare to see a C model let alone a long wheel base tandem. You keeping it a grain truck or are you planning to do otherwise? I would make it a tipping flat bed with stake pockets and wooden gates.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I have taken the 20 ft bed off of it and replaced it with a fifth wheel.

It was a tractor at first and has been stretched by the original owner.

It was used at a cement plant to haul the powdered cement, when the cement company was sold he kept the truck and used it around the farm and to haul feed for a small feed mill that they had on the farm just out side of Dallas. It going to be cut up and sold for scrap when a friend of mine who was going to cut it up told me about it.

I don't remember the exact millage but if I remember it right it is about 70,000 I think, and all original. It still has the riveted together 10:00 20 wheels on it.

The wedge brakes on it worked pretty good when I drove it home but when you set the parking brake it would free wheel and roll away. I could not get the parking brake part of the wedge brakes to work, and could not find a sorce for parts for the old style so I have been trying to convert it to S-cam brakes.

I will try to get fresh pictures of it in the next few days, but it is in a building where the roof fell in under 18 inches of snow about three years ago. The owner did not have insurence and we have not had the money to rebuild it.

I am the 2nd owner.

Bob Gil

I don't remember how many of them were built. Not a lot I think only about 1100 of the 607's that I have. It has the 673 with a duplex on the reverse camel back springs on the rear.

I have the build sheet some where.

I have only seen about 8 or 9 of them and never seen one that was driven much at all. It seams like the people that have the are collecting and hauling them around.

Edited by bobgil

Bob Gil

The ones that were used by the freight companies were pretty much used up I understand.

I took some pictures of the C today when I was at the shop. They are not the best and it is alittle covered up with stuff that has been moved around since the roof has fallen in on us.

I also showed the old wedge brakes and the new ones still not completed. I also showed the way i have the rear of it redone.

Bob

post-28-0-75420000-1328061684.jpg

post-28-0-23386700-1328061826_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-86928800-1328061848_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-98017000-1328061869.jpg

post-28-0-68974200-1328061908.jpg

Bob Gil