Old Mack's in the weeds, upstate NY

one of the reasons i parted with an old diamond T boom truck and the '49 EE and EF . used the EE dump for snow removal very little of the EF flatbed for hauling hay. time goes too fast; rust  etc  doesn't wait to set in and freeze up mechanical parts. heck it's taking me months just to finish my 1/25 scale projects. where does the time go!!

• Like 1

I understand all of what you guys say about pain, and reduced physical ability..  All my life I have been a laborer, even as a kid, my chores where hard work,  yard work/ Mechanic work/ and helping Dad cut ,split (by hand) and stack 7 cord's of fire wood every year for 10 years. The last 25 years in trucking and as a mechanic has really messed up my back and my knees.  When I sit for a bit, my arms tingle and hands go numb..  I'm only 53..  My new job with the city, helps.  I get to walk much further than just around a truck in the shop.. I have some better days, lately, and hope to lose my belly fat, to help with my pain..   God Bless you guy's...   Even You TJC....   🤣😘  Jojo

On 10/8/2022 at 1:48 PM, tjc transport said:

or are now crippled from working 50 + years and no longer can do the work.

i have 2 plow trucks outside that are down. the 04F350 starter died, and the 02 F250 needs trans lines. 

i can probably get down to get the parts out to replace them, but my hips and knees are so bad i can not get back up. 

sounds trivial , but i NEVER  pass change people drop and don't care;; today i couldn't bend enough to pick up a penny on the ground. if there's no supporting structure near by i can't bend over.  that's the results of the 50 plus yrs rain , snow sleet and hail : even the post office deliverer can take cover in their truck once and a while. I keep the cane in the jeep as back up.

I just want to be able to walk and bend without pain..   If that happens I will feel like a man again..  then i will stick it to my wife,,,, just sayin...  hopefully that will shut her up...   :) 

10 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I just want to be able to walk and bend without pain..   If that happens I will feel like a man again..  then i will stick it to my wife,,,, just sayin...  hopefully that will shut her up...   :) 

with total respect intended Sir based on the pictures you posted from the truck show , you have a pretty looking wife and she drives a bike !! will be rooting for you to enjoy life without the back / knee pain.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I understand all of what you guys say about pain, and reduced physical ability..  All my life I have been a laborer, even as a kid, my chores where hard work,  yard work/ Mechanic work/ and helping Dad cut ,split (by hand) and stack 7 cord's of fire wood every year for 10 years. The last 25 years in trucking and as a mechanic has really messed up my back and my knees.  When I sit for a bit, my arms tingle and hands go numb..  I'm only 53..  My new job with the city, helps.  I get to walk much further than just around a truck in the shop.. I have some better days, lately, and hope to lose my belly fat, to help with my pain..   God Bless you guy's...   Even You TJC....   🤣😘  Jojo

based on experience;; "when i  sit for a bit ,my arms tingle and hands go numb" ; I would put that on a priority . short circuit in spinal harness (mechanic talk) == can't drive the car for long periods: left hand goes numb and locks up. I won't let anyone mess with my back. this is meant for ALL those reading it. it doesn't get better as you get older. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

try to find a GOOD chiropractor. the tingling/loss of feeling is the signs of a pinched nerve in the neck. 

a good one can do wonders for you. mine took 3 months to straighten me out.

i now only go to see him once a month unless i am hurting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

10 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

think once again we went off topic;; sorry youngsters

Hell tread was done anyway might as well drift off to something else besides this subject seems to be getting more attention keep them coming haha … bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1