The B75 on Ebay

It is so easy to get "upside down" in a project such as this. It is similar to building a race car which is mostly a losing proposition. I understand the seller's frustration but do think it is unrealistic to part that truck out to realize close to what he wants for the truck complete. I think that truck to the right person is worth about $6000.00 as it really is not practical with the exception of a landscaper or something like that. If it does not have a later model engine installed, that is another heavy expense in the future for the prospective purchaser.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Im a Mack 711 fan but not a triplex fan, in a hobby dump truck. In a tractor fine but I wouldnt ever come close to using all those gears empty forever. I like that truck , not a huge B75 fan but id like to own it. Im sure he would be open to a good offer but why part it out. Take a little loss and sell it for the market value , he will have to do even more work parting it out and marketing that if he puts a value to his time and how he list things.

Im sure it would sell pretty quick for 6,000 , I know that I wont get what il have in my Mack back out of it someday if ever but I enjoy it and its a hobby. You dont make money in hobbies that often.

Im a Mack 711 fan but not a triplex fan, in a hobby dump truck. In a tractor fine but I wouldnt ever come close to using all those gears empty forever. I like that truck , not a huge B75 fan but id like to own it. Im sure he would be open to a good offer but why part it out. Take a little loss and sell it for the market value , he will have to do even more work parting it out and marketing that if he puts a value to his time and how he list things.

Im sure it would sell pretty quick for 6,000 , I know that I wont get what il have in my Mack back out of it someday if ever but I enjoy it and its a hobby. You dont make money in hobbies that often.

I like a triplex on the road. Also feel a duplex is much better in a vocational operation than a triplex. Of course the quadruplex is the best for dump and mixer work without doubt. The 711 engine was fine after it was upgraded with better parts and turbocharged with a Mack supplied kit. This allowed the engine valves to run cooler and last much longer.

That truck would probably sell for $6000 pretty quick but doesn't hit me as a really nice restoration. I see something that is kept up to look nice, but it's not been completely apart for overhaul/rebuild to warrant a near $10,000 dollar selling price. Look at the steering wheel, the gauge bezels, etc. The small details that make a nice restoration really "pop" to a prospective purchaser have been glossed over. Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking on the truck whatsoever but to bring a high dollar sale, attention to minor details matter more than a lot of seller's realize.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Im sure its been posted on here but I thought id make sure we saw that part that he will part it out if he doesnt sell it..

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item43ac1c753a

I guess when he starts listing parts I will give him a call and buy some goodies for my truck. :idunno:

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

It is a nice truck,personally,i've never been a big fan of the B-73/75 with the flagship b-series cab,i do however REALLY like the same series with the optional "L" series cab........much better looking truck in my opinion..............................Mark

post-5836-0-56420200-1325291056_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-21919900-1325291070_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Im a Mack 711 fan but not a triplex fan, in a hobby dump truck. In a tractor fine but I wouldnt ever come close to using all those gears empty forever.

You don't have to use all the gears.

You dont make money in hobbies that often.

That is true.