Headed to NY Monday am to pick her up Tuesday, 2005 Mack CXN613, 12"x3/8"+ frame, 460 hp, 18 spd fuller, 14600 front, 46 rears, 70 ton Holland fifth wheel, wet system, headache rack, two tool box steps one big tool box, stainless fenders,strobes,flag holders,Espar cab heater and Espar engine heater, both with remote timers so she's warm when I get there, no cold starts,8- 315 22.5 on rear,4 way lockers, 275 22.5 front, 72" sleeper loaded. Hope it all works out as good or better then the Pete, check her out on the other trucks forum, out with the old, also on Youtube under ihop54, got more to post with her and I hope a few years of heavy haul with the Mack.

post-861-0-61959700-1324787972_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I like the "retro" look of the black fenders personally. Have always been partial to that look. I wish there was some good advice to give on the engine but I have no experience on these newer trucks other than fixing wrecks. Some have good luck with them, some not so good but I do wish you the best of luck. It is tough out there and breakdowns or out of service time is expensive, and can make or break any endeavor.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Nice looking truck,i think you will be very happy with it,sure appears to be set-up just right for heavy haul. Personally,i have nothing but good things to say about the E-7 460 Mack,mine is almost 11 years old, 460,13 speed road-ranger,3:90's with 966,578 miles on the clock,and has performed flawlessly for me,aside from some minor issues with coolant tanks etc.no problems whatsoever with the truck itself,been damn near bulletproof. Maybe some bad ones out there,i don't know,but i have been nothing but happy with mine..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thanks gentlemen, got her home Tuesday eve, ran great, well behaved on the road. I like the ride and the room inside. The Pete was nice to drive and loaded with pulling power but was kinda small when you live on the road for long. Got a little tinkering to do, it has a espar heater for the engine with a 7 day selectable auto start, nothing there, no power to the controll pad, maybe a fuse, also one for bunk heat, it clicks like it's pumping fuel and grey smoke,cold, comes out from the exhaust for a minute or so then it shuts down. Sounds like the glow plug not igniting the fuel. Makes it hard when you have all these new switches and dials and no manuals on the truck or accesories. If anyone has a pdf on the heaters and or a pdf on the dash controlls of the 2005 cxn 613 let me know. Thanks again,Mark

Thanks gentlemen, got her home Tuesday eve, ran great, well behaved on the road. I like the ride and the room inside. The Pete was nice to drive and loaded with pulling power but was kinda small when you live on the road for long. Got a little tinkering to do, it has a espar heater for the engine with a 7 day selectable auto start, nothing there, no power to the controll pad, maybe a fuse, also one for bunk heat, it clicks like it's pumping fuel and grey smoke,cold, comes out from the exhaust for a minute or so then it shuts down. Sounds like the glow plug not igniting the fuel. Makes it hard when you have all these new switches and dials and no manuals on the truck or accesories. If anyone has a pdf on the heaters and or a pdf on the dash controlls of the 2005 cxn 613 let me know. Thanks again,Mark

If you are getting smoke from the stack when trying to fire the heater quite possibly the igniter is bad. These are usually a spark plug or one similar to a salamander, or torpedo type heater. It also could be a hot surface type but they don't like vibration much. A clogged fuel filter can also cause intermittent firing too.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.