A Few Old Trucks In My Stable

mechmagcn

post-233-1172783934_thumb.jpgHere's a pic of my current 59 F600 winch truck and a pic of an old Diamond Reopost-233-1172784064_thumb.jpg which will eventually become the current winch truck. Without these trucks, I wouldn't get much heavy work done around my place!

1971 Mack R600 Toterhome "Superdawg"

living the life of leisure pulling

1999 NuWa Snowbird 34+2 SE102 "Dawghouse"

The ole D.R. Reminds me of a buddy of my granddad & great uncle who they bidded a lot of jobs together with he a couple of D.R's that was that style 1 was a tractor the other was a Dump truck (w/ large brush type dump body ) the ole D.R ARE RARE AROUND HERE NOW But they are some tough ole trucks :thumb:

later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I know a guy from down south and his family owned a farm so his first truc k was an autocar with a 220cummins with a 13spd so he drover that to his familyies farm and he went to a truck dealer and saw a diamond reo just like the picture up top and he asked the guy about it and the guy said that somebody put a down payment on it so they built it and the guy never picked it up. This truck had a v8 cat with a 16spd spicer. So they guy traded his autocar for that truck. Today he has an rmodel mack dumptruck

real trucks have to sticks

I know a guy from down south and his family owned a farm so his first truc k was an autocar with a 220cummins with a 13spd so he drover that to his familyies farm and he went to a truck dealer and saw a diamond reo just like the picture up top and he asked the guy about it and the guy said that somebody put a down payment on it so they built it and the guy never picked it up. This truck had a v8 cat with a 16spd spicer. So they guy traded his autocar for that truck. Today he has an rmodel mack dumptruck

If he traded an Autocar with a 220 Cummins for a truck with a 3208 Cat, I'll bet he was sorry he ever did that!!!!

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Hopefully it was a 3408.

I doubt they would have put a 3408 against a 16 speed Spicer from the factory, those transmissions were only a single countershaft design, and had trouble staying together even behind a 318 Detroit. That was the clue that made me think it must have been one of those little "throwaway" 3208 Cats.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I doubt they would have put a 3408 against a 16 speed Spicer from the factory, those transmissions were only a single countershaft design, and had trouble staying together even behind a 318 Detroit. That was the clue that made me think it must have been one of those little "throwaway" 3208 Cats.

You are probably right then. The 16 speed Spicer is kind of before my time, so I didn't realize it was a single countershaft transmission.

My first ruck was a '73 Diamond Reo with a 350 cummins and a thirteen speed. I totally rebuilt the truck one winter. New cab panels, air ride from a Pet. buds all the way around. I use to pull a lowboy. (35 tons) and a dump trailer. I am sorry I ever sold it. It was strong and fast. I sold it to buy a new Superliner, and had nothing but troubles with it.

My first ruck was a '73 Diamond Reo with a 350 cummins and a thirteen speed. I totally rebuilt the truck one winter. New cab panels, air ride from a Pet. buds all the way around. I use to pull a lowboy. (35 tons) and a dump trailer. I am sorry I ever sold it. It was strong and fast. I sold it to buy a new Superliner, and had nothing but troubles with it.

Sorry to hear you had trouble with your RW series. Highly unusual, but anything can, and does happen. Generally those were very tough trucks if spec'd correctly for the task assigned. Just a regular R model with a lot more cooling capacity, and room for a lot of ponies to me.

An early one is on my wish list......... sometime........., (prolly AFTER I'm divorced). If I bring another truck home, I'm sure to be that way.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You are probably right then. The 16 speed Spicer is kind of before my time, so I didn't realize it was a single countershaft transmission.

the guy said he loved that truck but he missed the autocar he hauled a lot of stone out of the quarries with that D, R

real trucks have to sticks