Scrap yard Macks

41chevy

French Mack scrap yard.

FMACK.jpg

UMACK.jpg

RMACK.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Glad to hear that,What happened to all the M26 Pacifics there? He had at least a dozen. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

All the M 26 Pacific are here, but if you want to buy one, prepare money, a lot of money :thumbsdown:

And than some more $$$$$$ :thumbsdown:

P.T.CHESHIRE

I got asked what a Pacific M-26a is. This is one of my dream rigs, unfortunatly they are all made of "unobtainium" Chain drives, 1049 C.I. Hall Scott, crew of 5. WWII heavy tank recovery/ transporter Made by Pacific Car and Foundry. Paul

PACIFICM26F1.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE

I got asked what a Pacific M-26a is. This is one of my dream rigs, unfortunatly they are all made of "unobtainium" Chain drives, 1049 C.I. Hall Scott, crew of 5. WWII heavy tank recovery/ transporter Made by Pacific Car and Foundry. Paul

PACIFICM26F1.jpg

I would look COOL running around Milton wit dat! (though you couldn't see me!) That thing is superbad!

Fold down the upper armour on the doors, hang your arm out and look down on the peons :)

P.T.CHESHIRE

There was one in the US on ebay last week with the trailer.

Un armored $45,000.00 opening bid and reserve of $165,000.00 . It's worth it, but need rubber, which will run $900.00 each times 18, and 18 tubes and liners. All done you got a $200,000.00 plus investment.

Just one of those things I've been stuck on with since I was a kid and Jacobsons ship yard in Oyster Bay L.I. had one I played on in the mid 50's. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just think: a company capable of putting out a product like this and instead puts out the likes of Peterbilt. Where is the pride?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think pride followed integrity, common sense, deciency and courtesy when they left in the late 70's. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Rob , thats funny.

Paul , its sad that the ones in Europe will probably never be restored and will fade away due ot the high cost. Im glad you saw the Ebay one, it wasnt an uparmoured one if I remember right.

The yard in France has 16 of them! Plus a 1943 Autocar tractor trailer and 6 or 7 GMC 2 1/2 tonners The on on Ebay was unarmored. He's a military vehicle restorer/broker, he mainly sells ex military wreckers and trailers. Ah it's good to have a dream,

Things happen though, A former Long Islander bought a WWII Sherman dozer tank for $10.70 in 1975 or 76. It was at the former Pilgrim State Mental Hospital here. Pushed coal around til it broke in the late 60's and the hospital dug a hole and pushed it in. It now live at the American Armor Museum in Virginia. AAAH maybe when I become president I'll get one.......... Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just think: a company capable of putting out a product like this and instead puts out the likes of Peterbilt. Where is the pride?

Rob

I was thinking it was made by Pacific Truck and Trailer, not the PACCAR we all know and love. That's real bitchin'.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

The yard in France has 16 of them! Plus a 1943 Autocar tractor trailer and 6 or 7 GMC 2 1/2 tonners The on on Ebay was unarmored. He's a military vehicle restorer/broker, he mainly sells ex military wreckers and trailers. Ah it's good to have a dream,

Things happen though, A former Long Islander bought a WWII Sherman dozer tank for $10.70 in 1975 or 76. It was at the former Pilgrim State Mental Hospital here. Pushed coal around til it broke in the late 60's and the hospital dug a hole and pushed it in. It now live at the American Armor Museum in Virginia. AAAH maybe when I become president I'll get one.......... Paul

Thats a GREAT museum! its only a hop, skip,and a jump from here (danville) been there twice since we moved down here.....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I was thinking it was made by Pacific Truck and Trailer, not the PACCAR we all know and love. That's real bitchin'.

Maybe that is referred to as a "Love/Hate relationship.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.