Classified E9 Versions

There are some things that are just very unfortunate. One of these is that Mack would take the best engine they ever had, and pitch it when EPA updates were needed rather than modify it to fit the rediculous laws.

I too wonder if they sold the tooling for the E-9 to another company, or just sent it to scrap.

-phillip

I have dreamed about sitting one of these in a truck, I know where there is one, on a pallet, protected from the elements and probably never for sale. It may find its way into something some day. I can't wait to see it and hear it running! I don't know which horsepower rating it is, but, really it doesn't matter. Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

:SMOKIE-LFT: THEY ALSO WERE USING THE E9 FOR MILITARY USE . THEY WERE PUTTING THEM IN TANKS , AND REPOWERING OLD TANKS WITH THEMA FEW YEARS AGO. THEY MIGHT STILL BE. I HEARD THEY WERE RUNNING FOUR TURBOS ON THEM AND THE HORSES ???? I THINK THEY EVEN MADE THEM ELECTRONIC TO. IT'S LIKE EVERY THING ELSE WHEN THEY MAKE AN ENGINE AS GOOD AS THE E9 THEY TAKE IT OUT HIGHWAY PRODUCTION AND TRY TO PASS OFF THE NEW GARBAGE OFF ON US.