Got A New Unit Today

other dog

So tell us tom, how is that there slippery truck?

What trans.? Push button auto like an old Rambler, or paddle shift like an Indy car?

Ride comfort? driver comfort? Sleeper acccessories?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

So tell us tom, how is that there slippery truck?

What trans.? Push button auto like an old Rambler, or paddle shift like an Indy car?

Ride comfort? driver comfort? Sleeper acccessories?

Oh, yeah...it's a nice comfortable truck-rides good, drives good. It's got a 10 speed, oughta have a 13 though. Just ain't got no power. But i'm still getting used to it, maybe it'll get better when I learn to drive it properly.

And talk about slippery, when you ever do finally get to the top of a hill you don't have to touch the accelerator, it takes off like a rocket down the other side!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Oh, yeah...it's a nice comfortable truck-rides good, drives good. It's got a 10 speed, oughta have a 13 though. Just ain't got no power. But i'm still getting used to it, maybe it'll get better when I learn to drive it properly.

Well put some power service additive in the fuel, piss in the urea tank and turn the carburator cover upside down where you can hear the 4 barrel kick in and stand on it,,,,randyp

Well put some power service additive in the fuel, piss in the urea tank and turn the carburator cover upside down where you can hear the 4 barrel kick in and stand on it,,,,randyp

"drive it like ya' stole it!" you mean?

We used to turn the top of the breather over on Ma's '71 Impala all the time when I was a teenager. Nice car, 4 door with a 400 small block and 2 barrel carb.

Sorry bub, but the paccar has a power rating of 380-485hp. I'm not sure if it can be turned up, but it has nothing on the cat. I used to drive a 2001 500hp Cummins and a 2006 550hp Cat. I thought the Cummins had more snap than the twin turbo Cat. but less mid-range hp. I like the design and effort Paccar put into it and it may turn out to be very reliable, but the hp needs to be improved. The emissions don't help any engine either.

Whats the wheelbase on that thing Tom? dont know firsthand,but i've talked to a few guys that run similar trucks,and they all told me they are "steeringly challenged" not much good in a tight place. Gotta agree with the gutless thing too,my opinion is that the "big-horse" days are a thing of the past! espsecially with all the new EPA crap/rules and regs. pretty much a done deal now,but i guess the upside is a BIG gain in MPG's im still averaging 7.1 or 7.2 with my 10 year old truck,(granted most of my freight is lightweight) but i also drive like the guy whos paying for the fuel,so that helps!............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Whats the wheelbase on that thing Tom? dont know firsthand,but i've talked to a few guys that run similar trucks,and they all told me they are "steeringly challenged" not much good in a tight place. Gotta agree with the gutless thing too,my opinion is that the "big-horse" days are a thing of the past! espsecially with all the new EPA crap/rules and regs. pretty much a done deal now,but i guess the upside is a BIG gain in MPG's im still averaging 7.1 or 7.2 with my 10 year old truck,(granted most of my freight is lightweight) but i also drive like the guy whos paying for the fuel,so that helps!............Mark

Not sure of the wheelbase with that set back front axle, but it's as long or longer than the Pete was overall and it had a 275" wheelbase.