Mack Salvage yard

Besides Kevin's place in NY, and Cohen's, are there any salvage yards near central PA (two or threee hour drive) that have a lots of Macks and Mack stuff (60's-80's)? The Mack dealer in Milton told me about a place (salvage yard) south of Selinsgrove that specialized in Macks...said he used to see the ad in trucking/truck news (correct name?) magazine/paper?

Thanks in advance

• 7 years later...
On 9/24/2011 at 9:13 PM, leversole said:

Besides Kevin's place in NY, and Cohen's, are there any salvage yards near central PA (two or threee hour drive) that have a lots of Macks and Mack stuff (60's-80's)? The Mack dealer in Milton told me about a place (salvage yard) south of Selinsgrove that specialized in Macks...said he used to see the ad in trucking/truck news (correct name?) magazine/paper?

Thanks in advance

There is an auto recycler in Elmsford NY Brookfield Resource Management that scraps a lot of trucks. Elmsford is about 2 hours from Allentown PA to give some reference. Some of the trucks actually are not too old and look to still have a lot of life left in them. I believe exporters buy some before they are scrapped from there also. I sometimes drive by to see what trucks they have and hope some of them especially the Macks get a second lease on life somewhere. I do not have their number and their website does not see to show a list but you could probably google them and call. Since I am not seriously in the market, I haven't pursued further to see what happens to the trucks.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jamaican Bulldog said:

There is an auto recycler in Elmsford NY Brookfield Resource Management that scraps a lot of trucks. Elmsford is about 2 hours from Allentown PA to give some reference. Some of the trucks actually are not too old and look to still have a lot of life left in them. I believe exporters buy some before they are scrapped from there also. I sometimes drive by to see what trucks they have and hope some of them especially the Macks get a second lease on life somewhere. I do not have their number and their website does not see to show a list but you could probably google them and call. Since I am not seriously in the market, I haven't pursued further to see what happens to the trucks.

Thank you much

glenn akers