Adding a Jake Brake to an E-tech?

gumbiegumbie

the shutdown buzzer is to the left of the clutch pedal on the triangular bracket below the dash ..  under the area that has the oil pressure, water temp, and alt. gauges... jojo

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

the shutdown buzzer is to the left of the clutch pedal on the triangular bracket below the dash ..  under the area that has the oil pressure, water temp, and alt. gauges... jojo

Bro  I don't even know what model of truck you guys are working on here? Just remember  ! some times the buzzer is in or behind the main  dash panel! Sorry real late in this how ever! on the CV the buzzer is sometimes built right in  into the dash!

Just sayin

its common for drivers to unplug the buzzer, because it is loud and 'sounds' when the turn signal is on..  its annoying,, but also needs to be plugged in 'by law''  ,,  just sayin,  jojo

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I guess im not sure,, i thought you have an RB,,,R-model,,, any R-Model I worked on, the buzzer is in front of the clutch pedal, under the dash, on a triangular bracket. no need to remove a dash panel, just lay on the floor and look up at the bottom corner..  its right there..  above the vent door, if you have the vent down there that you kick open..  I wish I had a picture of its location.  there is the chance that it is missing, but the wide plug should be there..  jojo

• Like 1

talked to previous owner he unplugged buzzer it came  on with single lights power divider low air is this normal . now on all the time . it was plug i was talking about.  engine is a e7-400 ser 8r3453 truck model rb688s .code pid 1oo fmi 04  low  voltage detected at oil pressure sensor, sid 238 04 voltage below normal or shorted to ground would any of these derate horse power thanks bruce

the buzzer is called a "Multi buzzer"  it buzz's for many reasons and funtions...   my diagrams are very large and dont photograph well..  I dont know how a faulty buzzer would reduce engine power... jojo

10 hours ago, tractor said:

engine runs fine but down on power  no leaks air to air or compressor hose went  from 35 to 33 psi turbo just those two codes  would like wiring diagram for buzzer

When you say “air to air” is that just the CAC? If so you have only checked half of the charge air system. Turbo could be getting worn, boost leaks at turbo/before CAC, or boost leaks after CAC/at intake manifold. 

On 3/24/2022 at 9:21 AM, Joey Mack said:

i wish i could see it...  my other question, was about small braided oil lines going through the spacer to the top of the engine brake housing.  any way....  oil will squirt from the top of the celenoids,, if it is coming out anywhere else, that will cause poor performance. if you have a leak, get the oring packs and replace them.  jojo

once again never too old to learn new. have installed jakes; even trip to factory here in CT yrs ago when they were made here. question JOJO ; the braided line, is that how units are oil fed today;; no more o-ring fitting coming from underside?