Adding a Jake Brake to an E-tech?

gumbiegumbie

did you you do the test at the plugs on the spacers? if you did the test, im leaning towards the relay, like Onyx said earlier..  I dont remember which one it is... jojo

• Like 1

how many times did you rev it up and let off?  it may take a few tries, the real deal is when you drive it,,  hopefully it will pump up with-in a 1/4 mile of engine breaking.  those Jacobs engine brakes suck anyway..  there have been several updates, . do you have small steel braided oil lines going to the spacers?

i wish i could see it...  my other question, was about small braided oil lines going through the spacer to the top of the engine brake housing.  any way....  oil will squirt from the top of the celenoids,, if it is coming out anywhere else, that will cause poor performance. if you have a leak, get the oring packs and replace them.  jojo

ok.  the update was not done..  if oil is squirting out around the bottom of the celenoid, it sounds like they are loose and or the orings failed..  jojo

• Like 1

grab a 3/4" wrench and remove one of the celenoids.. there should be a green oring around it and a smaller white one, in the base, both are square cut o-rings..  replace those and test it again..  jojo

ok.. i understand better..  that is normal.  when looking at the tops of the celenoids, do you see the little round pin sticking up out of the hole, ever so slightly? both should look that way.  if not, the celenoid is weak. also when you jump power to them they should click pretty firmly,,  you can come of the alternator with a wire and 2 alligator clips to make a tester..  in one of the pictures, there is a 90 degree fitting in the jake head,, that is part of the performance update that is NOT done to yours..  jojo

KIMG0967.JPG

KIMG0968.JPG

cac leaks, top right corner is common. intake gaskets can fail, air compressor intake can fail,  major exhaust manifold leaks...  just to name a few,,, jojo

the multi buzzer is under the left corner of the dash in front of the clutch pedal..  there is a triangular brace with a about a 2" hole in it. the buzzer is bolted behind it..  jojo