Vent Window Latch Pictures

Can someone post or email me some close up pictures of the vent window latch? Out of all of the pics I've taken and downloaded, I got nuthin'!

I cannot tell how the part that the "handle" attaches to fits into the mix...both sides of mine are missing the handle and the handle mount...

Thanks

Thanks! Looks like your originals broke and another style latch was added...maybe from an R model?

Those are generic replacements. I've seen them advertised several places.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

This is the driver side vent. The right side vent was partially open, so I decided to fold a piece of metal and stick it in the window so it would stay closed. It works great. That was when the truck was outside, but covered up with a tarp and bungee cords. I did not want water dripping in all the time it was outside.

I want to restore my vent windows to original condition if possible. It seems funny that these vent windows were chromed, and Mack did not put a piece of chrome across the windshield rubber. That looks good to me on the 50's and 60's vehicles.

Good luck with yours!

mike

• 1 month later...