Hurricane

randyp

It is a bit worrisome. I have been running around all day after work yesterday preparing for the storm. Its a bit scary what you keep hearing in the news. The rain is one thing, the wind is another. I have family in both Zone a and B evac zones. Thankfully we are higher up where I live but still I am worried. Thankfully the cities water supply is gravity fed from the reservoirs but we have two coolers of water ready to go along with some canned food just in case. Flashlights have been working, don't know why people wait to the last minute to buy batteries. We also have one of our generators and 12 gallons of gas at the ready. I also bought a cheaper sump pump along with a long hose in case of basement flooding but I doubt that will happen.

I am ready but at the same time a bit worried about damage. But in the end what are you going to do? I am not scared, bring it!

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Hang in there Thad, hopefully will pass with minimal damage. Keep an eye out for Other Dog floating by in a ditch with camera around his neck. I figure hes got his best "rubbers" on and is prolly playing in a ditch somewhere. randyp

All quiet in Gladys...Other dog reporting-film at eleven.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

We'er about 1/2 of a mile from the Atlantic on the edge of the Evac Zone. Moved the Truck and cars inland to a friends yard, boarded up the house and shop. Shut off the main breaker for all the power to the shop and hope for the best. The house is prepped as much as possible and the Gen and pumps are ready. So we'll hope for the best. The track shows Thaddeus getting the eye and we're 60 miles East getting the high winds. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

So far so good, its not too bad. I headed off to bed at 10:30 and woke up 2am as the wind picked up. I didn't go back to bed yet, keeping an eye out. I don't like sleeping through something like this. Still have power, cable and internet.

Winds are around 40 and since my room is top floor, I keep hearing bits of my neighbors roof hitting mine. He hired a shoddy crew to do his roof just 3 or 4 years ago. Since then I have been finding bits of his roof all over the street after storms and windy days.

My only beef is I didn't get in a nice full day or two of working on the truck. I want to make Gerharts!

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Lots of wind and ocean ,but not much rain. My shop was under about a foot of water lucky I raised almost everything up. We never lost power, only cable........it just came back on. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP. Sorry for starting an old topic but I have a few pictures from my area, really bad flooding. One river came up 5ft over its banks and flooded a whole town for days. Some flooding still hasn't gone down. Will post pics around 3 ish.

Tom

Hope all those B's got their boots and slickers on, see your still under water. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE