39' Ford .. Tractor?

jaysm35a2

Nice truck, I see the radiator and shroud are in front of the 5th wheel Check out the last 2 photos ..

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It does look like a older resto. And I do see the rad and shroud. Needs a grill that can be found, anyone think this is a original tractor? Ive never seen a 5th wheel like that.

Looks like the 5th wheel was added,it's got a fresh home made rear crossmember and the remains of the bolts holding on the wood body spacers in the 2nd to last photos. From what I know ,the tractors were short wheel base in the 30's and 40's to deal with the length laws. Still a cool truck to put a F350 pick up box on.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

i could deal with that red one,,,rather have the falcon,,but too much cancer,lol..bob

Falcon looks to have an old style 4 point roll bar and altered wheelbase..hmmmmmmmmmm

P.T.CHESHIRE

Falcon looks to have an old style 4 point roll bar and altered wheelbase..hmmmmmmmmmm

you know thats very interesting,,,might be just the camera angle,,dont really care for that,,,was looking at a cherryed out 64 VWbus,,couple weeks ago,at a car show,this thing was absolutely immaculate,,but it was shortened way down,,,im not gonna say he ruined it,,,just dont see the point,,,you know its gotta be alotta work.bob

you know thats very interesting,,,might be just the camera angle,,dont really care for that,,,was looking at a cherryed out 64 VWbus,,couple weeks ago,at a car show,this thing was absolutely immaculate,,but it was shortened way down,,,im not gonna say he ruined it,,,just dont see the point,,,you know its gotta be alotta work.bob

Altered Wheel base was pre Funnycar. Changed the center of gravity and was supposed to help weight tranfser, good for racing bad for street. (don't ask how I know)

P.T.CHESHIRE

Altered Wheel base was pre Funnycar. Changed the center of gravity and was supposed to help weight tranfser, good for racing bad for street. (don't ask how I know)

AF/X series? I like the series myself.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

AF/X series? I like the series myself.

Rob

Yes, A/fx , B/fx or C/fx depending on c.i and fuel ......not fx the series :whistling:

P.T.CHESHIRE

well thats very interesting,,thanks i didnt know that.guess if nothing else would lighten it up..bob

Yes, A/fx , B/fx or C/fx depending on c.i and fuel ......not fx the series :whistling:

Yup, a friend of mine in a little "hole in the wall" town owns Arlen Vanke's altered 65 660 Dodge. Still has a hemi engine that was actually campaigned with Chrysler money too.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yup, a friend of mine in a little "hole in the wall" town owns Arlen Vanke's altered 65 660 Dodge. Still has a hemi engine that was actually campaigned with Chrysler money too.

Rob

Sure like to see that! "Akron Arlen" Vanke and "Arnie the Farmer" Beswick were heros to me in the 60's and 70's. My father ran a D/gas 55 chevy in the 60's that I ran on the street from the 70's til now, and I crewed on Marinos Italian Ices '72 Challenge A/fc. interesting cars than, not cookie cutter blobs like now. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Sure like to see that! "Akron Arlen" Vanke and "Arnie the Farmer" Beswick were heros to me in the 60's and 70's. My father ran a D/gas 55 chevy in the 60's that I ran on the street from the 70's til now, and I crewed on Marinos Italian Ices '72 Challenge A/fc. interesting cars than, not cookie cutter blobs like now. Paul

If you knew Arnie, you probably knew a guy named Larry Nien also. I ran with his kids, (Larry jr, Robbie, Mitch) when I was young. Larry built a LOT of Pontiac 421 "Super Duty" engines that would hold up to the rigors of drag racing. He actually ran a 62 Bonnevile named "Weekend Warrior" for several years and we spent some time wrenching on it.

Rob

If you knew Arnie, you probably knew a guy named Larry Nien also. I ran with his kids, (Larry jr, Robbie, Mitch) when I was young. Larry built a LOT of Pontiac 421 "Super Duty" engines that would hold up to the rigors of drag racing. He actually ran a 62 Bonnevile named "Weekend Warrior" for several years and we spent some time wrenching on it.

Rob

I met Arnie Beswick at the UDRA Summer Nationals in 1970 when he ran a GTO funnycar, and again a few years ago at Cacklefest in E town. I followed him and Arlen mainly because the both ran Pontiac Tempests at one time. I some what recall the Weekend Warrior. Here in the N.Y. area the Poncho expert was and still is Nunzi Romano in Brooklyn and Royal Pontiac

P.T.CHESHIRE