Thank God For A Day Off

joes mack

went to town today to take care of taxes and other things . came home and wasnt here for no more than 15 mins sitting on the couch relaxing and herd electrical arc . looked through the house and smoke was pouring from behind the wifes curio cabinet. it took all of about 10 secs for the dining room to be filled with smoke .shut off the main power smoke was still boiling from the wall so went to the garage got 10lb hammer and started beating a big hole in the wall at the outlet all while wife is in the front yard screaming and yelling get out and going nuts. ive been a vol firefighter for 21years and the fire dept is right across from my house and im the captin but its funny that while it was going on i never thought to call 911 and have them to page them. i just started doing what i know to do. thank GOD that i was home and not at work or it could have been real bad. even though i work less than a 1/2 mile away. my house was built in 1932 and the wood is well seasoned and dry and would burn like paper.me and my dad rewired the house about 10 years ago before we moved in. i dont know how but the plug outlet shorted out inside. replaced it and turned power back on and everthing is good. thank GOD for a day off.... joe

went to town today to take care of taxes and other things . came home and wasnt here for no more than 15 mins sitting on the couch relaxing and herd electrical arc . looked through the house and smoke was pouring from behind the wifes curio cabinet. it took all of about 10 secs for the dining room to be filled with smoke .shut off the main power smoke was still boiling from the wall so went to the garage got 10lb hammer and started beating a big hole in the wall at the outlet all while wife is in the front yard screaming and yelling get out and going nuts. ive been a vol firefighter for 21years and the fire dept is right across from my house and im the captin but its funny that while it was going on i never thought to call 911 and have them to page them. i just started doing what i know to do. thank GOD that i was home and not at work or it could have been real bad. even though i work less than a 1/2 mile away. my house was built in 1932 and the wood is well seasoned and dry and would burn like paper.me and my dad rewired the house about 10 years ago before we moved in. i dont know how but the plug outlet shorted out inside. replaced it and turned power back on and everthing is good. thank GOD for a day off.... joe

wow,,glad it turned out for ya,,,now buy a sixer,and redo that wall,lol.bob :twothumbsup:

it could of turned out alot worse. in all my years of firefighting i never realized how fast everything that you have worked for could be lost. ive always felt sorry for the people who lost everything but ive always been on the criticized side of it for not getting there fast enough. a few people are grateful that you put your life on hold to try to help them but most are not. but now this gives me a new level of compassion for the family that has a fire. joe

Damn lucky you were at home!! Glad all worked out and you and yours are o.k. It's good to see both sides, it's rare to have that view. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE