A "rob" Themed L.i. State Park

41chevy

New state park at Montuak Long island. It's an ex WWII to the end of the Cod War era base with a pair of double 16'' navel gun emplacement from WWII and aNorad Radar from the50s / 60s. Oh and a large area of unexploded ordinance. Mamma wouldn't go in there for some reason. we went there to go Stripped Bass fishing.....got none. Paul

post-3242-0-67214200-1311630815_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-54897100-1311630804_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-82072700-1311630832_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-98583300-1311630793_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-88227700-1311630783_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The bear and gorilla are not to be feared there for the time being. They are both exhausted as randyp done pulled a "train" on both of them.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

New state park at Montuak Long island. It's an ex WWII to the end of the Cod War era base with a pair of double 16'' navel gun emplacement from WWII and aNorad Radar from the50s / 60s. Oh and a large area of unexploded ordinance. Mamma wouldn't go in there for some reason. we went there to go Stripped Bass fishing.....got none. Paul

post-3242-0-67214200-1311630815_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-54897100-1311630804_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-82072700-1311630832_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-98583300-1311630793_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-88227700-1311630783_thumb.jp

The radar that antenna went to was much larger than the set(s) I work with although it radiated no more power, or had greater range. It actually replaced a predecessor the long range type I work with.

That sail weighs close to 40 tons and with the exception of the bolts holding it together, is all aluminum. I'm thinking it is about 135' wide and about 45 ft. tall.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The radar that antenna went to was much larger than the set(s) I work with although it radiated no more power, or had greater range. It actually replaced a predecessor the long range type I work with.

That sail weighs close to 40 tons and with the exception of the bolts holding it together, is all aluminum. I'm thinking it is about 135' wide and about 45 ft. tall.

Rob

It's larger so you can cook enough hot dogs for everybody at the same time.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

It's larger so you can cook enough hot dogs for everybody at the same time.

It's larger so you can satisfy more than one female at; nevermind, whole nuther subject I suppose............

Rob

A grill!! dang ,never though of that mmmmmmmmmm stripped bass mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Beats using this one.

Next park we're going to is the former Kings Park Psychiatric Center . This new governer does have a sense of humor.

Rob the radar is a AN/FPS35 used from 1955 to 1980.

post-3242-0-70059700-1311896446_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

post-4436-0-86500500-1311899036_thumb.jp

Oh dang!! I'm blind radar dogs and celulite.......................

P.T.CHESHIRE

Oh dang!! I'm blind radar dogs and celulite.......................

That is referred to a "Amalgamous Propogation", or "ground clutter" in radar terminology.

Rob

A grill!! dang ,never though of that mmmmmmmmmm stripped bass mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Beats using this one.

Next park we're going to is the former Kings Park Psychiatric Center . This new governer does have a sense of humor.

Rob the radar is a AN/FPS35 used from 1955 to 1980.

post-3242-0-70059700-1311896446_thumb.jp

The FPS 20 series of radar was still in development when the FPS 35 was fielded. The FPS 20 series while still large, is compact in comparison with a better receiver sensitivity originally. The receivers are now all digital and much better than the original design criteria. I remember the old "tube type" receivers well as they were still in use when I came up and the maintenance to keep them operational was costly. Maintenance that used to be an hourly thing is now a quarterly, or semi annual routine.

Modern electronics are great sometimes. Some of the electron tubes we get to keep older sets operational come from countries that are not what we could consider "friendly" to us from a political standpoint. We can't produce the parts ourselves because of "harm" to the environment, yet the government can certainly obtain the needed parts and use them under the auspice of they were not manufactured in this country. Real "double standard" here I'm afraid that needs to change.

Rob

The FPS 20 series of radar was still in development when the FPS 35 was fielded. The FPS 20 series while still large, is compact in comparison with a better receiver sensitivity originally. The receivers are now all digital and much better than the original design criteria. I remember the old "tube type" receivers well as they were still in use when I came up and the maintenance to keep them operational was costly. Maintenance that used to be an hourly thing is now a quarterly, or semi annual routine.

Modern electronics are great sometimes. Some of the electron tubes we get to keep older sets operational come from countries that are not what we could consider "friendly" to us from a political standpoint. We can't produce the parts ourselves because of "harm" to the environment, yet the government can certainly obtain the needed parts and use them under the auspice of they were not manufactured in this country. Real "double standard" here I'm afraid that needs to change.

Rob

oh,,theres a big supprize,,more government secrets,,funny how fast they squashed that (buying china products from home depot deal) couple weeks ago,not even a televized appology,,,worthless clowns..bob

post-6084-0-92555600-1312048929_thumb.jp

Far reaching and widespread would be the propogation factor within a parabolic curve.

Rob

Double standard...surly you jest......our pols would never ever hold themselves above us. After all are not the delta smelt and the sagebrush lizards our equals under the polititans eyes? :banana::banana: .

P.T.CHESHIRE

Y'all use way too many big words for me, i'm gonna start a new topic and only use little words and lots of pictures.

lol...hate to hurt your feelings,,but that rolling barbeque looks more appealing than the radar dog deal. oh oh,time for corn beef hash,n eggs seeya.bob :thumb: