All right guys I got over to visit my folks and after hauling a couple loads of hay I had a chance to look at my Mack again. Since there were lots of questions that I could not answer about my Mack I got the Chassis # off of the passenger side door which read B753LS 1364. What can I learn from that #? Also is the frame # behind the rear shackle on the steer axle on the drivers side? Is the motor # on the accessory drive area stamped on the top? Started to run out of daylight to keep searching for other #'s but want to gather as much info on the truck as possible (and pics) while I am here so I can plan out my work on it. Thanks.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

All right guys I got over to visit my folks and after hauling a couple loads of hay I had a chance to look at my Mack again. Since there were lots of questions that I could not answer about my Mack I got the Chassis # off of the passenger side door which read B753LS 1364. What can I learn from that #? Also is the frame # behind the rear shackle on the steer axle on the drivers side? Is the motor # on the accessory drive area stamped on the top? Started to run out of daylight to keep searching for other #'s but want to gather as much info on the truck as possible (and pics) while I am here so I can plan out my work on it. Thanks.

If the number on the door matches the number stamped into the frame you have an original door the truck was built with. The frame number is the vin for the truck.

From the serial number the truck was built as a turbocharged B75 series using lightweight aluminum components, and was a tandem straight truck. Were there a "T" following the "S" in the vin, the truck would have been a tandem tractor. The "3" denotes turbocharging. Of course you could have glad hands and trolley valve added for tractor usage also. The number 1364 is the sequential production number assigned to the chassis. However in those days, Mack would custom build you a truck any way you wanted it so there was some variance available.

I have a couple of B models like that but no B75 series.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks for that information Rob it was just what I am looking for. Another neat tidbit is the truck has a small tag on the dash the says Department of Interior on the top then a number then Bureau of Indian affairs. Farmer52 I do have some pics in the gallery and garage of my truck but I will have more soon.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Thanks for that information Rob it was just what I am looking for. Another neat tidbit is the truck has a small tag on the dash the says Department of Interior on the top then a number then Bureau of Indian affairs. Farmer52 I do have some pics in the gallery and garage of my truck but I will have more soon.

You may want to PM heavyhauler aka John for more information about how to get the history of your truck. He has a very neat LJ that was also a former government owned rig. I don't know how he did it, but he was able to come up with a very complete history of his rig.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!