New To The Game

dieselerock

hi my name is eric. i have been on here for a year but just used the site for info. i got a 1958 b 61 when i joined the forum. i got the truck to restore as a tribute to my grandfather who passed a few years ago. he worked for baltimore mack for almost 50 years and always told me the b-61 was the greatest truck to work on and was his favorite. he cant help me now but im starting to see what he meant. when we cleaned out his garage i found lots of mack stuff. most of what i found pertains to b-61 like original owners manuals, service manuals, maintence manuals, original sales brouchures, and even some emblems and parts. this was neat because i got to put them on my truck and even though he's not here i guess my grandfather did get to help me work on my truck. i got to go to the trucj show in macungie for the first time this year and it was great. i was at the watts booth when the group picture was taken but didnt think quick enough to get in it. sorry for this being so long but ive really started working on my truck now and figured i mite as well start making some friends.

hi my name is eric. i have been on here for a year but just used the site for info. i got a 1958 b 61 when i joined the forum. i got the truck to restore as a tribute to my grandfather who passed a few years ago. he worked for baltimore mack for almost 50 years and always told me the b-61 was the greatest truck to work on and was his favorite. he cant help me now but im starting to see what he meant. when we cleaned out his garage i found lots of mack stuff. most of what i found pertains to b-61 like original owners manuals, service manuals, maintence manuals, original sales brouchures, and even some emblems and parts. this was neat because i got to put them on my truck and even though he's not here i guess my grandfather did get to help me work on my truck. i got to go to the trucj show in macungie for the first time this year and it was great. i was at the watts booth when the group picture was taken but didnt think quick enough to get in it. sorry for this being so long but ive really started working on my truck now and figured i mite as well start making some friends.

well,eric this is the best place to find all the info you can stand,,great people great leads..sorry about your grandpa,,welcome aboard,,and enjoy the truck...bob :thumb:

Welcome aboard! Great story,always nice to see someone interested in keeping the old truck hobby alive,Balt.Mack was always a good dealer in my experience (nice to be right up the road from the parts depot!) was your grandad a mechanic,parts,sales? just wondered,as i know a few of the "oldtimers" from there.Used to get the occasional PM etc. there when i lived in Jersey,as i was only about an hour away.......Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Wait a minute, you've been on here a whole year and still haven't posted any pictures of your truck? You know how much we like pictures don't you? C'mon, make with the pictures!

Oh, and welcome aboard too!

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Welcome aboard! Great story,always nice to see someone interested in keeping the old truck hobby alive,Balt.Mack was always a good dealer in my experience (nice to be right up the road from the parts depot!) was your grandad a mechanic,parts,sales? just wondered,as i know a few of the "oldtimers" from there.Used to get the occasional PM etc. there when i lived in Jersey,as i was only about an hour away.......Mark

my grandfather was a mechanic there his name was carl temple

Wait a minute, you've been on here a whole year and still haven't posted any pictures of your truck? You know how much we like pictures don't you? C'mon, make with the pictures!

Oh, and welcome aboard too!

ok i finally got some pictures of the truck loaded some are from when i bought it and some are while i was working on it

• Like 1

thanks guys it makes me feel good that people who have done this think my truck looks good. i hope to have it at macungie next year.

Gotta admire a guy willing to work on his own stuff no matter the level of experience, or age.

I gotta say you done good and have something to be proud of. It appear you got things done prior to things like "life" got in the way.

Good job.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Gotta admire a guy willing to work on his own stuff no matter the level of experience, or age.

I gotta say you done good and have something to be proud of. It appear you got things done prior to things like "life" got in the way.

Good job.

Rob

yeah im still yong so im having fun and getting my toys now. if i got "em when u meet me me you cant complain when i work on "em. even though the girl im hanging out with took me the show in macungie for the first time.

yeah im still yong so im having fun and getting my toys now. if i got "em when u meet me me you cant complain when i work on "em. even though the girl im hanging out with took me the show in macungie for the first time.

A girl that is tolerant of Mack trucks for a hobby is a good one to keep. "Momma" has been with me for near 37 years now so I suppose I've done alright.

Keep going to the shows. It won't be long till she has to have one. Then the fun really begins.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.