Mack Parts

As we all know Mack parts are mostly proprietary and VIN driven. Lots of stuff has to come from the dealer.....but some parts do escape.....and can be had for a reasonable price.

I would like to open this thread as a place to put suppliers and links to parts that don't have to come from dealers.

I know this would improve my bottom line and could raise yours too.....

As we all know Mack parts are mostly proprietary and VIN driven. Lots of stuff has to come from the dealer.....but some parts do escape.....and can be had for a reasonable price.

I would like to open this thread as a place to put suppliers and links to parts that don't have to come from dealers.

I know this would improve my bottom line and could raise yours too.....

Bro

For Me as being an employee of a mack dealer We go out of our way to be compeditive on those type jobber parts you speak of And Im here to tell ya (some) of that stuff sold is shit.

We got into that jazz for awhile selling no name reman and other (new) parts And Me And the rest of the Guys in the service were all over the parts guys to change back to buying parts thru the Parent company!Theres at least you will get a warrenty with the stuff you buy and the quality tends to be some what better.

The jobber stuff on the other hand tends to fail more often and you get to keep both halves when it breaks.

So the next time you see somthing so cheap sumwhere you can resist remember the old saying Theres likly a good reason. Not always but some times.

Also remember part of the reason the captive parts aer so high is the fact that the consumables are being exploited by the jobber types and the dealer has to keep the doors open some how! The profit on those consuables is narrow in part due to this exploitation.So theres no place spread the pain.

Just an opinion

Bro

For Me as being an employee of a mack dealer We go out of our way to be compeditive on those type jobber parts you speak of And Im here to tell ya (some) of that stuff sold is shit.

We got into that jazz for awhile selling no name reman and other (new) parts And Me And the rest of the Guys in the service were all over the parts guys to change back to buying parts thru the Parent company!Theres at least you will get a warrenty with the stuff you buy and the quality tends to be some what better.

The jobber stuff on the other hand tends to fail more often and you get to keep both halves when it breaks.

So the next time you see somthing so cheap sumwhere you can resist remember the old saying Theres likly a good reason. Not always but some times.

Also remember part of the reason the captive parts aer so high is the fact that the consumables are being exploited by the jobber types and the dealer has to keep the doors open some how! The profit on those consuables is narrow in part due to this exploitation.So theres no place spread the pain.

Just an opinion

From what I have seen I would use factory parts for anything on the engine. We had our local turbo/injector shop (which are great guys) start rebuilding our turbos, which was cheaper than the Mack reman but when they went down in California the warranty didn't mean sh*t to the Mack dealership out there. We use only Mack parts on the engines just for warranty cause any Mack dealership should honor as long as you have the reciept. But I'm sure their are some good aftermarket parts out there.

Bro

Just an opinion

amen,,brother,,if you dont like the prices,get into another racket,,were all happy with mack,,thanks but no thanks.signed happy customer..(28) years.bob :clap:

Well i just bought the second steer box for my truck two weeks ago. The first was about 10 months ago.I knew it was too tight when i installed it. Its a sheapard and no adjustment on the sector. It scored the cylinder too bad to rebuild. And the rebuilder out of tex said they would have to rebuild mine cause no more cores. What i had to do was get one thru Mack for more than twice the first amount but if it holds up so what.

glenn akers