Replacement Hood For '57 B 75

I have been looking around online trying to find a replacement hood for my '57 B 75 to see what it would cost. Also can body shop straighten out the hood which appears to be aluminum? Any help on where to find parts would be very much appreciated.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

if i were you,i would start by putting a wanted ad on this site.for b model nose parts,theres alotta used parts available for that truck.they do mack fiberglass replacements,but thier a fortune..good luck with it..bob

I have been looking around online trying to find a replacement hood for my '57 B 75 to see what it would cost. Also can body shop straighten out the hood which appears to be aluminum? Any help on where to find parts would be very much appreciated.

Everyone has a set limit on what they feel they can purchase and sometimes these things can be bought from someone that needs to part out their truck to make a profit better than selling the whole truck. If you have the time, try AllMacks.com his name is Kevin All and they have treated me very good or I would not have recomended them. His number is 607-652-7704 and at least it is a start for you on prices. Hope this can start the ball rollin for ya.

Regards

mike

Everyone has a set limit on what they feel they can purchase and sometimes these things can be bought from someone that needs to part out their truck to make a profit better than selling the whole truck. If you have the time, try AllMacks.com his name is Kevin All and they have treated me very good or I would not have recomended them. His number is 607-652-7704 and at least it is a start for you on prices. Hope this can start the ball rollin for ya.

Regards

mike

Thanks Mike and Bob for the info, this should be a good starting place for me to start looking for a hood.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

B or L cab?

FW

I would think it would be a B cab because the truck is a B-75, does that sound right? I admit I am not real knowlegdable on all the different Mack stuff....yet.

John, the new member posted this picture in a different post,its the "flagship" B-model cab...................Mark

So at a quick glance at the above pic of the L model cab and comparing it to my pic it appears the L model cab is slightly bigger with more "squared off" door windows. Is this the difference? If not what is the difference? Any info is appreciated as I am just learning about these trucks.

So at a quick glance at the above pic of the L model cab and comparing it to my pic it appears the L model cab is slightly bigger with more "squared off" door windows. Is this the difference? If not what is the difference? Any info is appreciated as I am just learning about these trucks.

You have posted a B Model cab in your photo. B cabs were smaller than the L cab. Some people like the more rounded look of the B such as I do, but both have their pros and cons etc. etc such as the B cab that is concave. As you further advance, you will know the differences. If you will concentrate on getting the frame number, door, engine you will gain more and more knowledge of what your truck is all about. If you get the door plate vin # then call the Mack Museum and donate a few bucks and your rewards will be mailed to you for your truck. I'm not home at this time or I would look up the phone number of the museum so you can call them.

mike

• Like 1

Thanks again Rhasler and Mike for the great info. I appreciate your sharing your info and putting up with my beginners questions that you guys have probably answered many times for many other beginners.

Thanks again Rhasler and Mike for the great info. I appreciate your sharing your info and putting up with my beginners questions that you guys have probably answered many times for many other beginners.

You need to figure out whether you have an "L" cab or "B" cab. I know where there is a hood for an L cab, if he still has it. Might have a lead on a B hood as well. The hoods are different.