NLA

Guest 45LMSWM

well as time go,s on,everything changes,,i have a model of your truck,,ive had it 10 years,i bought it off a freind of mine,and somebody started to put it together,and lost the directions,,i pull it out and pick at it ,every now,an then..but its tough without the directions.kinda lose interest real quick,n put it back on the shelf,,im hoping to come across some one that built one and saved the box.lol..bob...oh (happy friday)

We used to be able to carry a whole lot more on that set-up, but they changed the weight laws here in 2009. Before the change, the same combination in the pictures could legally gross 265,600 lbs max by NJ State law. We were allowed to carry 800 lbs per inch width of tire for the longest time. Their tire formula law in most cases far exceeded the capacity of the axles and suspensions being used.

-John

I seen her the other day sitting to wait to get clearance to go over the Outerbridge crossing into Staten Island. That truck is beautiful!

What a mighty Mack mechanical marvel-a bold statement of Mack's engineering and manufacturing preeminence. I drove for the largest Mack construction fleet in MD in the mid-80's, Joseph J. Hock. We had over 110 DM and RD 10 wheel dumps, a number of tractors/dump trailers, and 1 DM800 tractor. We used it to pull a triaxle lo-boy loaded with whatever would fit on it. D9's ((blade on) and crawler cranes (w/counterweights) were no match for this manly tractor. It made a fortune for our equipment hauling business. For whatever reason (?!) the scale man never saw a need to weigh the loaded rig. Maybe it was making some $ for the scale man. Is the DM800 the successor to the B81? I'd enjoy blogging with anyone who is familiar with the specs/history of both models. I began driving dump trucks in 1969-in a 10 wheel B81 dump 20 speed 24" rubber 'no steering' and a steering wheel you dare not wrap your hand around when crossing rutted ground-unless you didn't mind getting a thumb or two broken when the wheel whipped right or left against the stop. As I recall a 180 HP Thermodyne non-turbo engine. Not a lot of horsepower, but adequate torque and lots of reduction. You could shift it 3 times just going through an intersection. It was great fun to drive.

Hey, did you have this truck at Gerharts a couple years ago? I think I remember the driver taking it off the trailer and upshifting in reverse. Maybe I was just crazed since it is a very cool truck