Mack Rw Superliner Scale Model

Hmmm, barry are you thinking what I'm thinking, a Big Mack Trucks book, all members of BMT could take pics from 4 sides, under hood and interior and send them in. I think it would be awesome reference material for those looking to restore a truck or build a model,half the trouble with working on these trucks is trying to figure out how it was supposed to look after 20-50 years of someone taking the cheap and easy fix route. You could sell them thru Watts, BMT, and eBay to cover the costs of printing. I'm in!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Yeah, now we're talking! Throw in some scale drawings taken from factory manuals, and I'd list kits you could start from and what you need to do to them to get a good model - and you can bet people would start to build them. And if you stir up enough interest, some company could even issue a correct kit - but that's a little daydreaming now. Anyhow - there are some trick photos, that you weren't able to find on the internet, until some friends from here provided them - like a photo of the top of the roof of the R model cab - 90% of the modellers don't have access to such refderences, so they just go with the buggy kit parts.

If such a book on the Superliner would ever be done, I sure would like to write at least a small part of it!

Thanks for your comment, have a nice day!

Paweł

Let me work on a few people pawel and see if I can get any interest. Ryan B.

P.s. my friends last name is Slusarczyk, his family is still there in poland

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

High level modelbuilding shure needs lots of info and many times you have to look for some covered and unpopular-to-show areas. Such as cab's bottoms, gearboxes, engine's attachments etc. 4 side wiews aren't enough but 20-30 systemized shots would make this question high up. Factory parts lists with illustrations are very useful and of course blue prints. But that stuff is mostly copyrighted.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I was thinking 4 sides,top, suspension/axle views, Interior, top and sides of engine, and dash panels would cover quite a bit. I know there is a lot more but to get something like a truck book together with detail pics of everything just wouldn't be cost efficient.

I always thought a book like that would be a valuable tool for truck modelers,and those restoring full-size trucks as well,good underhood,interior,and pictures of the sub-assemblies (fuel tanks,battery boxes,etc.) along with factory blueprints,drawings etc. along with option lists including all the variants of a certain model truck ie: R-model,F-model etc......................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I'm shure it's good idea.

Although we can have here on forum some special content areas with different (better - with systemized) info on each Mack model. For a start - on most commonly used - R,B,F etc. I belive it's good than thematic site conteins a worth of basic info about the stuff it relates to. We need to get Barry involved to.

I already pm'd Barry hes looking into it!

Hello!

The idea sure is exciting! I'd say let's cover Superliner I and II, and maybe the Australian in the first book - there's one kit readily available on the market, although full of errors, and many modellers are building it. We could put this book together in electronic form and have it printed on demand - just like the BMT Calender was.

Ryan - good to know about your friend. Such a nice, traditional Polish family name.

Mark, Vladislav - thanks a lot for your comments!

Areas of special interest for a modeller would be under the hood - photos of the radiator and the steering gear are especially rare on the internet. Back and top of the cab, as well as the cab mounts, too. It would also be very helpful to have the photos sorted "by truck" - to show differences between individual machines. Like on the Superliner I - you get one truck photographed from the left, another truck photographed from the right, and you start wondering whether your model should have two or four air tanks. The correct answer: three isn't so apparent at the beginning.

Please contact me, if I could help with this project in any way. Thanks for your input and have a nice day

Paweł

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks very good.

I used to be sceptic to most models although your project starts to be likely to myself.

Definitely like the deck. Not shure we might see a real one of the kind but this thing could be easily custom made, no doubt.

And I'd like to describe the first picture next: "Why did you built the real sized sleeper box of cardboard to put actual magazins in it?"

Promise to look over your work this summer.

Vinny, Superdog, mackniac - thanks a lot!

Vlad - glad I have convinced you. Most of the models are just cheap toys - but it doesn't have to be that way, when you put enough effort in 'em. Sleeper box of cardboard - that's a good one! Please let me know, when you're in the area of Gorzów Wlkp. (where I build the model after work) or Poznań (where I stay on weekends), maybe we can talk some.

Thanks again for your comments, have a nice day

Paweł

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Timothy - sorry for replying so late. I didn't actually turn the stanchions myself, I misused ones they sell for ship modellers. Polished them a little by gripping them in a small electric drill and used very fine nail polisher, worked just fine.

In fact I painted the rails silver since, here's what it looks like now:

sleeper30.jpg

I'm also working on an air cleaner under the hood:

aircleaner03.jpg

Real thing photos of the air cleaner and especially its mounting would be greatly appreciated!!!

I also made the rear view mirrors and their brackets:

mirrors01.jpg

mirrors02.jpg

mirrors03.jpg

I actually like how they turned out - hope you lik'em too, thanks for reading and have a nice day

Paweł

Pawel I will try to get you some under hood breather pics tomorrow, I'll be working on mine to try to get some things finished for a show Saturday.

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your comments!

mackniac - glad you like it!

Vinny - thanks, good to know you're reading this one!

Ryan - I appreciate it, that would really help, especially the details of the brackets on the front of the cab.

Jake - thanks for your kind words!

Thanks again, have a nice day

Paweł