Great Fuel Mileage

Filled 'er up today...did the calculations and found that I got 7.9 MPG this week! Though I would happily give some of that mileage up to hook about 50K to her and pull it around!

Sounds like you may want to keep that truck. It would be a good thing if you could hook up a heavy load to it. It could help that engine build some useful heat, and burn some carbon away.

mike :thumb:

ya,it would be fun till you hit a little hill with that small motor,,and see how bad it falls down..bob

While probably true, it would in fact make it over the top.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

My old b61 had the 673 non turbo engine 170 hp in it's prime, When I would put the trailer and two old John Deeres on, it would fade pretty fast on the hills. I thought thats just the way things were back then. I took the time check all the valve clearance, check the fuel lines to the the engine serviced the air cleaner and some othe minor tune up stuff and it made a hell of a difference. The fuel line was deteriorated from the fuel tank to the injection pump. The oil bath air cleaner had so much dirt caked in the mesh and the air intake, and the valves were WAY out of adjustment. It started beter and didn't have as much smoke on start up. I did eventually install a 237 in its place and that was by far the best investment in the truck.

15 gears...no waiting!

but on a happier note,,you can actually go thru all the gears,with a descent load,,have a ball my friend...bob

About the same as I would have said to him. These trucks were pulling shorter single axle trailers, even when a bulldozer was on them. They did what was thrown at them and did their jobs well with what they had.

Got to go

mike