I Screwd Up Again

cgallamore

We are man. We all make the same mistakes cause: "Directions"? "We don't need no stinkin directions"!!

I won't tell your wife. Your secret is safe with us.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Used to haul for a small paving company who's owner would sometimes bid on jobs without looking at a map. Got him in some hot water a time or two.

The bankrupcy auction is in a couple weeks... What's a Deere 892 excavator in marginal condition worth..?

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

i just took a load to midway,tn.out of corinne,ut.

i thought it was near nashville, its close to bristol.

thats what i get for not looking at the map.

Nothing wrong with taking "scenic" route Bigen. I once left Panama City, Fla. with family in the family truckster, after a lil vacation and R and R when kids were small. I was headed back here to Texas, or so I thought. heh,,When I got to I-10, I went east instead of west, wife was asleep. I drove for an hour east, kept wondering why kept seeing so many palm trees and when i was gonna reach Alabama. I thought to myself, "I didnt know Alabama had this many palm trees." Long story short, wife woke up, asked where we were, i said almost Alabama, surely, then wife asked then why did that sign just say how far it was to Jacksonville? Mistake hit me, wife threatened to hit me, she has never to this day let me forget it. She prolly wouldnt have bought it if I had said there must be a Jacksonville, Alabama. Anyway, stuff happens. randyp

Used to haul for a small paving company who's owner would sometimes bid on jobs without looking at a map. Got him in some hot water a time or two.

The bankrupcy auction is in a couple weeks... What's a Deere 892 excavator in marginal condition worth..?

Gambi, a dern excavator is bout the hardest thing there is to put a value price on,,,just tremendous amount of factors involved in those, undercarriage and cylinder condition being big parts of it. It almost boils down to just how much is it worth to you or affordability or how much work have lined up for it, or having a buyer located or something like that. I realize Im not giving you much of an answer, I pologize for that, just many factors, couldnt tell you. Sorry,,,randyp

Gambi, a dern excavator is bout the hardest thing there is to put a value price on,,,just tremendous amount of factors involved in those, undercarriage and cylinder condition being big parts of it. It almost boils down to just how much is it worth to you or affordability or how much work have lined up for it, or having a buyer located or something like that. I realize Im not giving you much of an answer, I pologize for that, just many factors, couldnt tell you. Sorry,,,randyp

It was kind of a tongue in cheek remark about the Deere, but it would be nice to have. If we bought it we'd just keep it for however long we'd need it...clearing about 80 acres of timber, knocking down a couple buildings and so on...then re-sell it. It would be nice to get a 'neighborhood' pool thing goin...buy things split a few ways or each neighbor buy a relevant piece of equipment and just trade hours amongst the 'pool'...too many tightassed farmers though... I've got access to and experience with a good lowboy trailer so all would be well.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

It was kind of a tongue in cheek remark about the Deere, but it would be nice to have. If we bought it we'd just keep it for however long we'd need it...clearing about 80 acres of timber, knocking down a couple buildings and so on...then re-sell it. It would be nice to get a 'neighborhood' pool thing goin...buy things split a few ways or each neighbor buy a relevant piece of equipment and just trade hours amongst the 'pool'...too many tightassed farmers though... I've got access to and experience with a good lowboy trailer so all would be well.

Although great in theory, community ownership seldom works with equipment. Arguments seem to break out due to hours of use, normal wear and tear, and who shares in the repairs and maintenance.

I've found it best to own the equipment and either rent, or let those in need hire you. Things are just plain simpler that way.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Don't feel bad bigen.............I think it was last spring that I was sent on a trip for work. Salesman gave me the company name which I looked up the company computer for address. I arranged my trip and took off. I go from Ohio to Columbia, SC, get room and get up next morning and show up at plant. Seems no one knows what's going on. Maintenance guys says "uh oh"........seems I was suppose to be in the Charlotte, NC plant. DOH!! Seems our salesman forgot to tell me that this was a NEW LOCATION(and not in our computer yet). Dammit. This was 9am, so I beat feet north, get there just after noon and do my thing. I was suppose to be west of Gastonia, NC by lunch(dammit) for another meeting. I get to that place sometime by 3pm or so. That took couple hours, so now I'm really behind. I was suppose to meet a buddy in Roaring Gap, NC for dinner.............I was late. Was even worse I missed a turn in the dark on this back road and made me another hour late going the long way around.

The salesman was all apologetic, but from now on I make THEM give me the address!!! Lucky I was even that close(3 hrs), could have been ALOT worse.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"