Here you go Bad Dog. Here is a pic of one of your Mercury Superliners we were talking about. I scanned it out of the first issue of 1982 Canadian Bulldog Magazine. I sure miss those Canadian issues.....it was nice to see all the new Macks sold around our own area. You think this may be that one Detroit powered unit? Sure is nice looking anyway.

Hopefully you can give us all the background on this unit. Wish I had a pic of one of the V8 F797ST models. They would look sharp in that colour scheme.

post-2303-0-24305600-1301234890_thumb.jp

It's a good chance it is the Detroit powered one, but it's hard to tell. Looks about the same length as the chasiss My friend has down here, but it might be the 6 cylinder truck that he is still using, it had a 48" Mik Mak bunk on it when he bought it from Dietz. It is now a Daycab. I don't see a number on the hood I know the truck he still uses was #106 It could be his truck before the bunk was installed. The only one that would probably know it Dietz's son unless we could find someone that drove for him during that time period. I ran into a couple guys that drove for him yrs ago when we were still running our trucks because they recognized them mainly because of the paint job. That is a sharp paint scheme, our stripe on both of ours is the same design but the gold part is just a narrow stripe like the red stripe , so it is black in between instead of a wide gold stripe. The truck my friend is still using is the same paint as that one. I was thinking of changing colours on mine but seeing that picture may just change my mind, we'll see.I need to figure out how to post pics so we can see my pics on here I'll see this week if we aren't busy. Thanks for sharing this picture with us Shawn I'll be sure and show it to the old man and my friend. We might be able to get a picture of the last F model It's still painted those colours.

It's a good chance it is the Detroit powered one, but it's hard to tell. Looks about the same length as the chasiss My friend has down here, but it might be the 6 cylinder truck that he is still using, it had a 48" Mik Mak bunk on it when he bought it from Dietz. It is now a Daycab. I don't see a number on the hood I know the truck he still uses was #106 It could be his truck before the bunk was installed. The only one that would probably know it Dietz's son unless we could find someone that drove for him during that time period. I ran into a couple guys that drove for him yrs ago when we were still running our trucks because they recognized them mainly because of the paint job. That is a sharp paint scheme, our stripe on both of ours is the same design but the gold part is just a narrow stripe like the red stripe , so it is black in between instead of a wide gold stripe. The truck my friend is still using is the same paint as that one. I was thinking of changing colours on mine but seeing that picture may just change my mind, we'll see.I need to figure out how to post pics so we can see my pics on here I'll see this week if we aren't busy. Thanks for sharing this picture with us Shawn I'll be sure and show it to the old man and my friend. We might be able to get a picture of the last F model It's still painted those colours.

The dual 4" stacks lead me to believe it is Detroit powered. Most others I've seen with anything else used 5" exhaust.

Very nice layout to the paint scheme.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.