King Cruise In 89 R Model-Anyone Try This Setup?

Hey all, I run a '89 R688S, 350/12 tri-axle dump hauling mix here in the northeast. I spend a LOT of time back and forth on the highways and my right leg is constantly jammed up against the heat/ac box - and I've had about enough of that. I just recieved the King Cruise unit and it appears to be a stout and well made, will install it after the injector pump is rebuilt next week. Curious if anyone has any experience with these units in general or in applications similar to mine. Thanks, Rick

post-398-0-04524800-1300932840_thumb.jpg

Hey all, I run a '89 R688S, 350/12 tri-axle dump hauling mix here in the northeast. I spend a LOT of time back and forth on the highways and my right leg is constantly jammed up against the heat/ac box - and I've had about enough of that. I just recieved the King Cruise unit and it appears to be a stout and well made, will install it after the injector pump is rebuilt next week. Curious if anyone has any experience with these units in general or in applications similar to mine. Thanks, Rick

I installed one on my B model about 4-5 years ago i love it works great. if i ever get my other B model going i would buy another one. Ron

I had one on a pete- 3406- for over 1o yrs. work great. I have another unit to install on my H67, if spring ever gets here! If you have any trouble installing it , just call steve, and he can talk you through it. Any problems are almost always bad elec connections. Perfect grounds are a must!

if

Excellent unit! I had one on a Freightliner about 20 years ago, works great and adaptable to all the mechanical engines. Excellent support also, one of Hostess Brands' mechanics busted mine by literally standing on it while he was working under the hood. Well actually, he wasn't able to break it, he just busted a wire to it. I gave King a call and stopped by their shop on my way out of town. They came right out and fixed it in less than 15 minutes, no charge even though we broke it. Sadly, the truck was totalled in an accident after I left the company, not sure what happened to the unit.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm pleased to hear the postive reviews of both the King Cruise setup and of Steve's customer support. I dont generally get to buy "luxury" items such as this, but I was granted approval by our CFO (Wife Linda) and if we are going to spend this kind of money it is far more enjoyable when you know its going to a quality small American business like Steve's. Im planning on installing it next week if I can find some time between prepping our other three trucks. Stay tuned, Rick

• 4 weeks later...

Well all, after a few delays, I finished installing the King Cruise unit today and after a few minor adjustments, worked exactly as it should have during a quick test run up the road this afternoon. Installation was straightforward, I like the way its set up,and its a solid, well-built unit. Wiring is the most time consuming part of the install but overall not too bad of a job. Steve at King Cruise answered the phone on 4 seperate occasions and helped me with all of my questions - very helpful. Wont have a chance to really test it out until later this week (rain tomorrow and the next day da#$@%it) but from what Ive seen so far Im very pleased.. Rick

post-398-0-34999400-1303167920_thumb.jpg

post-398-0-26809400-1303167950_thumb.jpg

post-398-0-78522000-1303168030_thumb.jpg

post-398-0-50838200-1303168080_thumb.jpg

I have install sevral in the past years and one thing i will tell you to do is water pruff the unit more than it is now. You have it mounted were the road salt can get on it and that is the killer. I would spry it with the clear plastic spray or some selicone arould all joints. I see thay have a better looking cable now. The cable was something that would get salt in and frezz up.I run a dump also but dont need a cruze that much but today i ran 540 miles and most of it was on the big road.So i to whished i had one.

glenn akers

Rick, what is that "Panic Button" for? Does it Automatically roll up the windows and lock the doors so stranded Peterbilt drivers can't get you?

Lol Looks like an Old AA&E truck. But being a rock bucket. unless it was converted who knows

Rick, what is that "Panic Button" for? Does it Automatically roll up the windows and lock the doors so stranded Peterbilt drivers can't get to you and steal your truck to finish the job they never should have attempted in a lesser truck?

Thought that's what you meant.

Tonight's edition of "Fix That Post"!!

Thanks Herb.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've run the King unit for about a week now and have found that I need to increase the travel of the cable to reach full throttle and still let it return to idle. I called Steve again at King and he gave me step by step instruction on how to reprogram the unit for the extra travel so I will do this tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes after this is complete, have a happy Easter, Rick