I recognized myself in there! Thanks for posting the video. I don't often get to step back and watch my own truck in action.

Gregg

Gregg,i thought that was your F-model,was'nt sure made the assumption based on the shows location being Harford,spent many a night at the Penn-Can truckstop when i was still living/running out of Jersey! some really nice trucks at that show from the looks of it!.............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Gregg,i thought that was your F-model,was'nt sure made the assumption based on the shows location being Harford,spent many a night at the Penn-Can truckstop when i was still living/running out of Jersey! some really nice trucks at that show from the looks of it!.............Mark

I remember when the Penn-Can was the only place to stop between Scranton and Binghamton. I'll bet you also remember Hawk's Truck Stop on Court Street.

The show in Harford is a good one, lots of fun and good folks.

The Penn-Can is still the best place to stop between Scranton & Bingo. Scott 60 was closed for a couple years due to the economy, now I see is open again, I haven't been in to check it out yet. Bingham's Diner at exit 211 burned down last year, the owner is rebuilding, hopefully open again by summer. Gibson Truck Plaza at exit 219 was put under when Flying Jerk opened at the same exit.

I don't run up that way as much as I used to, as most of our NY freight has dried up. Funny our main terminal is just west of Syracuse and I almost never go up there anymore.

I remember when the Penn-Can was the only place to stop between Scranton and Binghamton. I'll bet you also remember Hawk's Truck Stop on Court Street.

Yup, sure do,i used to run from South Jersey to Binghamton 6 nights a week when i drove for my grandfather,took a load of apples up,and usually brought back a load of empty packing crates or glass bottles back. I remember both places had really good food at the time. I dont get up that way very often anymore either,but used to enjoy stopping at both places,we even had a charge account for fuel at Penn-can,i still have an old fuel receipt somewhere,136 gallons of fuel for $65.00?so i'm kinda dating myself!................Mark

Yup, sure do,i used to run from South Jersey to Binghamton 6 nights a week when i drove for my grandfather,took a load of apples up,and usually brought back a load of empty packing crates or glass bottles back. I remember both places had really good food at the time. I dont get up that way very often anymore either,but used to enjoy stopping at both places,we even had a charge account for fuel at Penn-can,i still have an old fuel receipt somewhere,136 gallons of fuel for $65.00?so i'm kinda dating myself!................Mark

We used to haul lumber from Drakes Branch,Va. to Cortland,N.Y. and there was a diner with truck parking back south on 81 one or 2 exits from where we delivered. They unloaded early there and i'd always go to that diner for breakfast. The food was great, plenty of it, and cheap! Last time I was up that way the whole place was gone-just like it had never been there. Probably a Pilot or something there by now,I don't know.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Same thing with a place i used to stop quite a bit,last time i was through Ohio,i delivered to Cambridge just west of the scale on 70,my next stop was in Columbus the next morning,so my plan was to stop and eat/sleep at the Duke truckstop in Buckeye lake,got to the exit,place is GONE! big empty lot like it was never there! they had the best homemade pies and soups! the mom an pop places are going away fast,i personally dont like too many of the big "chains" but not much choice anymore!..............Mark

Same thing with a place i used to stop quite a bit,last time i was through Ohio,i delivered to Cambridge just west of the scale on 70,my next stop was in Columbus the next morning,so my plan was to stop and eat/sleep at the Duke truckstop in Buckeye lake,got to the exit,place is GONE! big empty lot like it was never there! they had the best homemade pies and soups! the mom an pop places are going away fast,i personally dont like too many of the big "chains" but not much choice anymore!..............Mark

I remember that truckstop but I don't think I ever stopped there. Seldom get across that part of 70 now. I think that's the same as the truckstop in Newcomerstown on 77, north of I-70. I stop there a lot.

I used to stop at Crazy Ed's in Niota,Tn. a lot too-another old time type truckstop. The barbecue there was really good, but same story-gone.

We used to haul lumber from Drakes Branch,Va. to Cortland,N.Y. and there was a diner with truck parking back south on 81 one or 2 exits from where we delivered. They unloaded early there and i'd always go to that diner for breakfast. The food was great, plenty of it, and cheap! Last time I was up that way the whole place was gone-just like it had never been there. Probably a Pilot or something there by now,I don't know.

If I recall correctly that was the Skyliner Diner at exit 10 south of Cortland. Straight across from the get-off ramp. I ate there a few times before it was gone. Prolly close to 10 years ago now.

Don't be looking for the Shenandoah Truckstop at exit #186 west of Cambridge, OH., either. Gone, leveled, empty lot. It was open again recently under new ownership, but now gone for good.

Gregg

If I recall correctly that was the Skyliner Diner at exit 10 south of Cortland. Straight across from the get-off ramp. I ate there a few times before it was gone. Prolly close to 10 years ago now.

Don't be looking for the Shenandoah Truckstop at exit #186 east of Cambridge, OH., either. Gone, leveled, empty lot. It was open again recently under new ownership, but now gone for good.

Gregg

New they'd reopened the Shenandoah- didn't know it was reclosed already. Used to be famous for the commercial beavers that worked there!

Don't be looking for the Shenandoah Truckstop at exit #186 west of Cambridge, OH., either. Gone, leveled, empty lot. It was open again recently under new ownership, but now gone for good.

Gregg

I saw that on the same trip,it had been a while since i had been through there (several years anyway) lately most of what i do is in the northeast,i have'nt been across the Miss.river in a long while! personally,i really dont miss running out west at all! other than it being a lot easier to find a place to park after 2 PM!but there are still quite a few places to get a good meal left,if you know where to look! but not near as many as there used to be..........Mark

Neat video,thought i recognized someone near the end?..............Mark

COOL video! I like the full fenders on some of the trucks. My sons company actually custom makes those in diamond plate aluminimum or stainless steel. I think I know what I want for fathers day!! :rolleyes: My wife says she's gettin me an air seat, maybe 2 since she's not likin the passenger seat too much. :banana:

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the BUG!!!

I thought i was a neat video! i'm still looking for MY dream truck,got my heart set on a western R-model! there are a few in the classifieds on here that would fit the bill,but their clear on the other end of the country,and right now i just dont have the time to take on a "project" time does come, i wanna do it right!keep lookin' maybe someday!.................Mark

post-5836-0-51247400-1298853229_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-21499300-1298853247_thumb.jp