Puzzler Of The Day 6

vision386

Didnt think it was a Hayes, cab is close but hood and fenders are wrong. Mack at 1 time owned Hayes, there is a company(earl paddock transport) up here that uses KW, but every truck has the bear on the hood(im sure 386 you have seen them), the old man owned a hayes dealership here and started trucking after it closed. bobo

Didnt think it was a Hayes, cab is close but hood and fenders are wrong. Mack at 1 time owned Hayes, there is a company(earl paddock transport) up here that uses KW, but every truck has the bear on the hood(im sure 386 you have seen them), the old man owned a hayes dealership here and started trucking after it closed. bobo

Then paccar bought Hayes and shut it down shortly afterwards. They used Peterbilt cabs for a while. Old Bill (the Diesel Gypsy) said Hayes trucks were his favorite of all the trucks he drove. I like the ones with the big "H" made in the hood.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 3 weeks later...

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Marmon? (I would have guessed Hayes,too.)

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Almost forgot to answer this one! its a Mexican PENA' 335 Model( no,its not a Dina) built from obsolete Autocar parts, circa 1965 only a few were built in this configuration,the company went bankrupt (who da' thought?) so thet only turned out a few,neat thing is the article where i found this,said that the tooling still exists(as of 2009) to make all the sheetmetal parts! kinda neat to build a new integral sleeper A-car today!...............Mark

post-5836-0-09840800-1299036622_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I have made the treck to and from Mexico City - Chiago about 6 times, In a Semi truck. seen alot of the Dina models and Kenmex even a few Remirez. not to many macks tho. did see 2 superliners tho. you would laugh at some of the old Iron they drive. you can see that the truck Mfg like to use diffrent mfg cabs such as IH, auto car, pete, kw, etc... Its changing tho. most of the trucks seen on my last 2 trips (4 years ago) were pretty much new units. Lots of local junk left but the OTR stuff was mostly 10 years or newer.

• 10 months later...

the cab is a "drivers cab" as used on Autocar,Diamond t,etc not a hayes clipper cab.See the belt line on cab and windshield dead giveaway to Autocars cab.Hayes had there own cab both on hd models and clipper models.used Mack F cabs on COEs when owned by Mack and Pete COEs when paccar owned them.Bob