Superliner Transmission

bobo

I ripped up the carpet in the superliner tonite, getting it ready to put factory rubber floor down. Having never done a clutch or tranny in a RW, it doesnt look like the floor needs to come up to get at the bell housing bolts, like it does in a RB? to me there is more than enough room to go from underneath or from engine bay? Ive only ever pulled trannys out of RB's, and they are a pain in the ass! SO... my question is, does the floor have to come up in a RW to pull the tranny? B0bo

I ripped up the carpet in the superliner tonite, getting it ready to put factory rubber floor down. Having never done a clutch or tranny in a RW, it doesnt look like the floor needs to come up to get at the bell housing bolts, like it does in a RB? to me there is more than enough room to go from underneath or from engine bay? Ive only ever pulled trannys out of RB's, and they are a pain in the ass! SO... my question is, does the floor have to come up in a RW to pull the tranny? B0bo

Yup it can be done no problem you just unbolt the stick and remove the air lines from the low range cyl if its a twelve speed BUT there a usually some clamps holding wires and the air compressor line thou and they are usually a pain to get to with out the floor up!

Thanks fjh I know all about the pain in the floor! boB0

Every time I pull a floor, I have to replace about 1/2 dozen captive fasteners!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I only ended up breaking to bolts off, but changed all the clips and anti-seized the new bolt bobo

I usually replace all the fasteners that are under the mat with 316L series. I also tighten them down by hand so they don't gall.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

:SMOKIE-LFT: Was that from the Mack warehouse in Toronto, or Pai Bobo? I had the carpet all up in my Superliner a few weekends ago to change my fuel pedal and also so I could unbolt the treadle valve to change all the fittings on it. I replumbed the whole truck front to back got rid of all the steel braided air line and swaped it out for plastic. one more step closer towards finishing this project. I just need to win the dam lottery in the meantime. You would think those brass fittngs were gold ones when you're buying them. The bolts and screws all came out of the floor good and were able to be re used all but the 2 in the heel plate behind the fuel pedal, I had to drill the heads off to get it off and I need the 2 bolts and the 1 nut and clip to hold it in the floor. I wonder what the probability is I would be able to get them from the dealer in windsor? I might have to stop in London next weekend if I go down there to the Motorcycle show.

When I pulled the tranny out of my RW, I did not have to remove the floor pan. My truck has a E9, I don't think the pan has to come out for the E6 either. The superliner cabs sit a lot higher on the frame.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

:SMOKIE-LFT: Was that from the Mack warehouse in Toronto, or Pai Bobo? I had the carpet all up in my Superliner a few weekends ago to change my fuel pedal and also so I could unbolt the treadle valve to change all the fittings on it. I replumbed the whole truck front to back got rid of all the steel braided air line and swaped it out for plastic. one more step closer towards finishing this project. I just need to win the dam lottery in the meantime. You would think those brass fittngs were gold ones when you're buying them. The bolts and screws all came out of the floor good and were able to be re used all but the 2 in the heel plate behind the fuel pedal, I had to drill the heads off to get it off and I need the 2 bolts and the 1 nut and clip to hold it in the floor. I wonder what the probability is I would be able to get them from the dealer in windsor? I might have to stop in London next weekend if I go down there to the Motorcycle show.

hey did ya get your computer issues worked out or still hitting the libary? Have you got a Lowes store in windsor or london? they have a great stainless nut/bolt dept. I get all my clips and most of the hardware there. The matts I got from Stoney creek Mack. I just redid my brake and fuel pedels, I put grease zerks on any of the pins i could, and a long zerk in the treadle housing, so I can lube the piston. I lined the whole cab and floor with Ice and water(roofing membrain) Any photos of your progress? Check lowes first before hitting 401! You still gotta goto K&R one of these days? bobo

When I pulled the tranny out of my RW, I did not have to remove the floor pan. My truck has a E9, I don't think the pan has to come out for the E6 either. The superliner cabs sit a lot higher on the frame.

Good to know! its got an E9 too! just double checking, like i said only ever pulled tranny out of RB's and the floor has to be removed to get at it! bobo

:SMOKIE-LFT: No Bobo I'm still sittin in the library. BMT is the only site I can't get on on the computer at home for some unknown reason. I 'm debating switching internet providers and going wireless. I'll try lowes for the clips i'm looking for we have a new Lowes store just down the street from 401 Mack any way. I don't have any pictures to show you right I never think to take any, I think I might get the camera out on the week end. And I still need to take a saturday morning tour down to K&R to get that bumper bracket, provided he still has it, It was back last summer when I talked to him about it.