B Model Cabs

I have a B-613 cab on my "58". And I have been searching for the same type of cab to marry up to. For a crew cab conversion. How do other model B's compare in contour and dimension's. Thus, would any B-model match?

Thanks'

L Diddy

Good Idea to check there.

some cabs will differ depending on the model here are a few common diffrences

concave rear wall.

Diffrent floor hight

Dog house in cab firewall

also the cowl aera on the passenger side may have some diffrences due to air cleaner mounting and ducting of the air.

Thanks' Lmackattack

In looking at the B model cabs. I see mine as a flat back B-613? and is the concave cab for trailer turn radius clearance? I don't completely understand "Dog house in cab firewall" though. There is a box on the floor between the driver and passenger seat.

Thanks for your time'

L Diddy

the concave rear wall was for the nose of a trailer. It gave a tighter Bumper to back of cab (BBC) and thus a longer trailer could be pulled. it was all about length laws back then.

the dog house is what is used to cover the rear part of the engine if it protrudes into the cab. Chevy/ford vans have the center consol or "Dog house" that can be removed to access the rear of the engine for maintance. that little box on the floor under the seat was for the series/parallel switch. used for the 12volt run/24 volt starting electrical system

the B613 should have a "standard" B model cab.

for got to add that some B models also used the L model cab. more commonly found out west.

Trent

Thanks' Lmackattack

In looking at the B model cabs. I see mine as a flat back B-613? and is the concave cab for trailer turn radius clearance? I don't completely understand "Dog house in cab firewall" though. There is a box on the floor between the driver and passenger seat.

Thanks for your time'

L Diddy

Doghouse, (under dash) and concave rear cab on my B67ST.

Rob

post-78-0-13324100-1296096807_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-42012600-1296096828_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

L Diddy You haven't thought of using a factory sleeper cab B model as it would be alot of metal work to join 2 B cabs together, just wonder if it would be easier to convert a sleeper cab by adding seats and windows to create a crew cab Gearbox

the concave rear wall was for the nose of a trailer. It gave a tighter Bumper to back of cab (BBC) and thus a longer trailer could be pulled. it was all about length laws back then.

the dog house is what is used to cover the rear part of the engine if it protrudes into the cab. Chevy/ford vans have the center consol or "Dog house" that can be removed to access the rear of the engine for maintance. that little box on the floor under the seat was for the series/parallel switch. used for the 12volt run/24 volt starting electrical system

the B613 should have a "standard" B model cab.

for got to add that some B models also used the L model cab. more commonly found out west.

Trent

Thanks for the information Trent. And with the information I have been seeing in "Wiki" of the series/parallel switch. Think I'll convert to 12volt.

Best regards'

Lonnie

L Diddy You haven't thought of using a factory sleeper cab B model as it would be alot of metal work to join 2 B cabs together, just wonder if it would be easier to convert a sleeper cab by adding seats and windows to create a crew cab Gearbox

How do "You-all" down under say it "G-day".

Thanks' for the reply "Gearbox". With the difficulty I'm having in finding another B-Model cab around here in the Northwest. I have thought of adding a sleeper. Actually found one within a couple of miles. Member "Freightrain" is doing a fine job with his. I also thought it would be cool to find a B-71 with the integral sleeper. My issue is that I have 3 teenagers. and we typically travel some long distance with the horses. And with their long legs, and cell phones, I phones, head phones, you name it. I would like to have a little more distance between the back of my head and their "gear" plus just being Brothers and sister, going down the road. Thus, in my opinion. The work is worth the benefits.

Have a great day'

L Diddy

• 2 weeks later...

I have a B-613 cab on my "58". And I have been searching for the same type of cab to marry up to. For a crew cab conversion. How do other model B's compare in contour and dimension's. Thus, would any B-model match?

Thanks'

L Diddy

Go to gallorestorations.com

Then on the left side scroll down to "current projects", then to "59 Mack truck".

This project should give you all the information you need.

OLD SCHOOL