Ralph G. Smith Horse Transportation

I was cleaning out another MH612 and found 5 2008 Ralph Smith calendars featuring the MH. All but one were damaged from weather etc. I was able to get one apart without damaging the picture. This was a great shot of the MH612 with the gorgeous chrome horse trailer.

As you can tell from the picture the Smith's were very proud of their trucks and had ordered many Macks starting from the early bulldog Macks. They hauled many of the most famous race horses to racetracks all over the country.

My MH is 25 years old but was well maintained so makes a good tractor for my needs- to haul the B75 Mack Pumper to the Mancungie, Harrisburg Spaamfaa and Gerhart shows.

I am working on the lowboy this week, getting it registered and inspected. I am still looking for a pony motor to use instead of adding a wetline to MH612. If anyone has one for sale let me know.

Firemack

post-121-0-42285200-1294900295_thumb.jpg

So, they used single axle tractors with those trailers? Are there any pictures of twin screws pulling the horse trailers?

I the calendar all horse trailer pictures, or are there pictures of their other moving business there also?

A few of their older trailers are for sale here:

http://www.frankdibella.com/semi.html

For their age, they appear to be in great shape . . .

• 1 year later...

I was cleaning out another MH612 and found 5 2008 Ralph Smith calendars featuring the MH. All but one were damaged from weather etc. I was able to get one apart without damaging the picture. This was a great shot of the MH612 with the gorgeous chrome horse trailer.

As you can tell from the picture the Smith's were very proud of their trucks and had ordered many Macks starting from the early bulldog Macks. They hauled many of the most famous race horses to racetracks all over the country.

My MH is 25 years old but was well maintained so makes a good tractor for my needs- to haul the B75 Mack Pumper to the Mancungie, Harrisburg Spaamfaa and Gerhart shows.

I am working on the lowboy this week, getting it registered and inspected. I am still looking for a pony motor to use instead of adding a wetline to MH612. If anyone has one for sale let me know.

Firemack

We have a brand new pony engine off a Rogers detachable trailer. If you're interested call me at Gerharts monday 717-626-8544

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Firemack is not on the site all that often anymore. I know he came up with a home made pony set up, but I'll let him know about this when I see him at Macungie.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!